being first on the scene of a car wreck sucks - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on being first on the scene of a car wreck sucks within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Wow, that does suck You did the right thing though and comforting the woman was a good move. Sorry to ...

Wow, that does suck

You did the right thing though and comforting the woman was a good move. Sorry to have you witness that, though.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by camell0
    dude .. like others have said, props to u. u two are hero's in my book. you may not think it, but considering the many heartless people on our roads today, it takes a different kind of person to do what you did.
    my thoughts exactly. Mainframe (I don't know your first name, sorry), I see just what kind of person you are. There are people out there like you, it is just too bad there aren't more like you. God Bless!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Did you at least check his pockets?

nah just kidding.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I just told my brother about it and he said he was coming home at about 11:30pm and saw the car out in the field, but he thought it was just somebody looking for a dog or something and kept on driving. It couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes later that we came by and stopped.

I didn't think we really did anything special, except for the fact that the car was so far off the road and it was hard to tell that it had been in a wreck. If we hadn't stopped there's no telling how long it would have been before someone got help. I'm pretty sure the woman had a broken hip, she couldn't really move.. and not a single car passed by from the time we first pulled up untill we left.

I would like to think that just about anyone would stop to help someone, but in this case it was hard to tell that the car had even been in a wreck.

I feel really sorry for the old woman.. she was going into shock, and she kept saying she lost her son and she may have killed him. That's a really terrible thing to happen to someone...

That's aweful. Sorry you had to see that. Nice to know that there are still some good people out there.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that but you both did the right thing. I hope I never have to experiance anything that you just did. I hope you are dealing with everything alright.
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

Yeah.. I have to admit, this was the first dead body I've had to deal with. After I checked his pulse, and saw his hands were turning blue I knew there was nothing we could do for him. I was a little shaken up at first, but I'm alright now.. I just feel bad for the woman.

crazy stuff. good job though.

hope everyone feels better soon.
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

I know how you feel dude. I had a similar situation happen to me about three or four months ago. Me and a few friends where heading over to my house when we saw a guy in an explorer in the middle of the road. there was a couple there that had stoped but i had to tell the police where we where.
    The worst part about this whole thing was the dude in the explorer had been drinking, he was covered in alcahol and his car wreeked of it he was missing a big chunk out of his arm and was verry incoherent. It was verry disturbing, and i hope to never see anything like that again. I am just thankfull i had not left thirty seconds earlier or i couild have been part of the accident...
    Parts left off of a car cost nothing weigh nothing and do not cause service issues.

bump

Wear your seatbelt people!

(this could probably go in OT)
    Last edited by MainFrame; 10-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.

BUMP

From working in EMS man, good job. As a note to everyone else, wear your seat belt. From firsthand experience I have seen what happens when you don't. (Not that this ever stopped me from riding my bike...) Wearing your seat belt might make it harder in some cases but most of the time it will be better. The safest place is always inside the car as being ejected from the car introduces other types of injuries and risks such as another driver not paying attention and hitting you while trying to avoid the car. Trust me, a car hitting a car is better than a car slamming into you while you're too dazed to get up properly.

I'm pretty sure this guy was in the process of being ejected from the vehicle as it was rolling, and rolled over the top of him before flinging him out the window. He never stood a chance.

From the injuries you described, it is probably what happened. There was an earlier story of someone hitting a tree and everyone dieing inside the car with the lone survivor living because they weren't wearing a seat belt. Again, very unlikely accident but they do happen. Wear your seat belt! Unless you're pregnant. Then you can modify it a bit.

I Support ClubWRX
    tough read.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.