Safety Recall for Wrx (Bugeye models only) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Safety Recall for Wrx (Bugeye models only) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; be careful for those dealers, i went to get some touchup paint and they had to pop the hood to ...

be careful for those dealers, i went to get some touchup paint and they had to pop the hood to get the paint code for the car. the guy didnt say anything about my very visible mods. he did ask me where i bought the car though, i thought that was kinda fishy.
    04 silver bone stock(for now)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dealer "reaction" to mods is highly variable.
    I got the cruise control clip recall, and asked about the fuel smell TSB.
    When they agreed to do both in one appointment, I took advantage of the manifold being off for the TSB, and asked them to install my SAMCO inlet hose. They did, no charge, no questions asked.
    And this isn't even where I bought the car!!

Originally posted by big pipe
    be careful for those dealers, i went to get some touchup paint and they had to pop the hood to get the paint code for the car. the guy didnt say anything about my very visible mods.
    Paint code is on the driver door jam. You shouldn't let them open the hood.

Anyone experienced any symptoms of the defect? Lately, I've been hearing some noise from the left rear side of the seat on hard left hand corners (like coming off an interstate off-ramp into a right turn, followed by another immediate right U-turn onto a side road to work).
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

J-H
    I got the letter and the last one too (cruise control). Took it in and they fixed everythig at once. I also asked them to check my tranny.

Well, as I was speaking to the service rep, a guy came over, got in the car and BAMMM! Actually it went more like GGGRRRRRRRR. There was no way to deny that my tranny had a problem, so they fixed 1st gear I guess.

They replaced the synchro and I guess everyhting is OK.

Best experience with a dealer...EVAH!

I am happy that I got all of this done at 59,7XX

JH

i got the letter too, but i don't think i will bother to go get it fix. would it be a bad idea to just leave this alone?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

J-H
    You know something WiCkeDrEx,

I thought that it was a small thing also, but one day I had my hood open and I was looking at some stuff with my intake (stock). You know how you can make the car rev form inside the engine bay? I was doing that and the cable did get caught and for about 5 seconds (tme for me to go inside the car and shut it off) it revved like a mofo (redlining).

I thought that if this happens to me in a garage or something I could run over somebody...you know, you can get into boost real quick and the car just shoots out of control...It was very scary just being outside....

Just my 2 cents...

JH

Originally posted by J-H
    You know something WiCkeDrEx,

I thought that it was a small thing also, but one day I had my hood open and I was looking at some stuff with my intake (stock). You know how you can make the car rev form inside the engine bay? I was doing that and the cable did get caught and for about 5 seconds (tme for me to go inside the car and shut it off) it revved like a mofo (redlining).

I thought that if this happens to me in a garage or something I could run over somebody...you know, you can get into boost real quick and the car just shoots out of control...It was very scary just being outside....

Just my 2 cents...

JH
    what does that got to do with the driver seat bracket?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12