Dissapointing first service visit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dissapointing first service visit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I took my 05 STI in for the first service. Told them I wanted full synthetic oil and also to ...

Dissapointing first service visit

I took my 05 STI in for the first service. Told them I wanted full synthetic oil and also to rotate the tires front to back. The car felt a little funny on the way home and they didn't adjust the tire pressures so instead of 36 front 30 back I have 36 back and 30 front.

Also it looks liked they overfilled the oil. It is up past full into the spiral part of the dipstick. How bad is this? Is it important enough to fix?

Well, I guess I do it myself from now on. I would have done the first one myself but I didn't want any flack if any warranty issues came up early in the car's life. At least they know the initial service was done since they did the (halfassed) work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i blew the engine on my 1992 mitsubishi montero and the shop said it was my fault because i put too much oil. So it is important so be careful! id level out the oil asap!
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

How many miles on the car?

I had my tires rotated because I had a coupon. They didn't change the pressures for me either. Went to a different dealer, asked them about pressures and they also stated that they don't re-adjust pressures. Its just something you have the request.
    Never stop learning.

2700 when I took it in. The service writer said they adjusted the pressures when I talked to him at the cash register. I think the oil is about 1/2 or 3/4 qt. too much so I'm just going to leave it alone and do it myself next time.

Sort of a shame too. One of the reasons I bought the Subaru is because I thought the dealer organization was better than other brands. Apparently not.

Originally posted by Dale_K
    2700 when I took it in. The service writer said they adjusted the pressures when I talked to him at the cash register. I think the oil is about 1/2 or 3/4 qt. too much so I'm just going to leave it alone and do it myself next time.

Sort of a shame too. One of the reasons I bought the Subaru is because I thought the dealer organization was better than other brands. Apparently not.
    Every dealer is different. There are good and bad Subaru dealers, just like every other dealer. It sounds like their oil change guy is just a bonehead.

Don't worry if it's overfilled a little bit. Our cars burn oil so give it 500 miles and it'll be back to normal. I just wouldn't drive it hard for the first 500 after the oil change. You really shouldn't do that anyways with synthetic as it becomes most viscous (slippery) at around 3,000 miles. Also, now that you have synthetic you don't have to change it for at least 5k miles. People have tested Mobile 1 though and found that it gets bad and needs to be changed at 18,000 miles. Makes me feel good about not getting the car in on time every 3k miles.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

i still cahnge my oil ever 2500 miles jsut cause my miles are always hard
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.