TECH: 60K maintenance? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on TECH: 60K maintenance? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; reasion I ask as I would think ngk offers several plugs for this car. so what works best for say ...

reasion I ask as I would think ngk offers several plugs for this car. so what works best for say soon to be stage 2.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I tried some Autolite plugs in my car... gapped them to factory spec, but man, the wrx DID NOT like the autolites. I drove all the way to F.A.S.T. (Aaron really is cool) on saturday afternoon just to get the NGK's, although if I were to do it again i'd just order them from an Auto Zone for cheaper. I was freaked though... The car had never been so unhappy. I'll always go with OEM plugs now. I had an extensive conversation with Prodrive about plugs and they've never noticed ANY difference with their setups and OEM vs. colder plugs, so I wouldn't mess with it. Especially at this altitude. with slightly less O2 in their, we really aren't concerned about detonation, and putting colder plugs in is just gonna delay ignition that much more putting the timing dangerously early if things ever did spark hot.

Originally posted by tasq
    Think we can handle all that?

So far I have bought

Brake Pads Front - Ultimate MY02 (AXXIS)
    Brake Pads Rear - Ultimate (AXXIS)
    Intake - Flat Panel (Perrin)
    Oil - Differential 75w90 (Redline)
    Oil - Transmission 75w90ns Shockproof (Redline)
    Spark Plugs - Iridium (NGK)
    You get brake fluid?

Try to find some clear plastic hose that we can use to bleed the brakes.

sent you a pm about your choice of fluids! Also what size / length of hose?
    2005 CGM WRX / 1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon
    Do not believe that you do not control your own fate.

ok let ask this... What is on the list for things to do at 60k service? can anyone tell me that. also what ngk plugs are suggested? just regular or is there a spacific one?
    thanx
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

always use ngk plugs.

http://www.allsubaru.com/schedules.html for a list
    2005 CGM WRX / 1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon
    Do not believe that you do not control your own fate.

ok thanx on service info

but the ngk is there a spacific plug that work best of the ngk line up for this engine? I dont know much about it. example vw golf gti 8v for bosch plugs. platnam regular, +2, +4, super 3 prong. if there only one ngk plug that is made for this car or are the a few choices. if choices what one is what I am after.
    thanx
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

is 60k also the time to have the clutch fluid changed?
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

Originally posted by hybrid gti 2
    ok let ask this... What is on the list for things to do at 60k service? can anyone tell me that. also what ngk plugs are suggested? just regular or is there a spacific one?
    thanx
    Spark Plug Sticky

it depends on your level of modification. i'd suggest sticking with platinum, stock heat range until you get to a stage 4 (upgraded turbo)

then i'd go one step colder. in the linked thread above, there is somd good info on plugs that fit, but come with a gap that is too big. typically some adjustment of gap is required anyways, but making larger moves is less desirable than just tweaking a small move.

dR

[EDIT] when i swapped out my plugs at 60K, they were still fine, and easily could have gone another 30K without any problems. probably more.

Originally posted by hybrid gti 2
    is 60k also the time to have the clutch fluid changed?
    tranny fluid. and yes. it's a good time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.