Problem w/ Meguiar's Quick Detail Spray
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Problem w/ Meguiar's Quick Detail Spray within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a JBP 04 WRX and I use the Meguiar's Quick Detail Spray in between washes and recently while ...

Problem w/ Meguiar's Quick Detail Spray

I have a JBP 04 WRX and I use the Meguiar's Quick Detail Spray in between washes and recently while using the spray I had a problem with film appearing on the car making it look dull.
    When using the detail spray I wipe it on and wipe it off and the car looks amzing, then after lettin the car sit for about 5-10mins I start noticing haze on my car, mostly on the hood and trunk lid including the spoiler...I can run my finger over the film and it comes off but eventually it reappears and no matter how many times I wipe the film off it always comes back...Has anyone else experienced this problem and do you have any idea what may be causing this problem and how to fix it?
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know what that film is either, and honestly I think that spray is a bunch of bull5hit because I've used it and it looks gross on my car, just streaky and weird even when I follow the directions.

I say screw it, find something else because that stuff is such a hassle.

I had the same problem with this stuff. I have a WRB WRX. I stopped using it cause it is a hassle and makes more work when it starts to haze.

I was told the car should be cooled down and the spray should be used in the shade.

If you re-use cotton towels that have been washed they should have no soap residue. (In other words don't use too much laundry soap)
    Never use fabric softener or dryer sheets!
    The Meguiars Quick detail spray as sell as a few other similar products has a tendency to loosen any soap or fabric softener residue.
    Even brand spankin new cotton towels has some sort or resisue on them.
    I wash my new towels in very hot water first.

I use the Pro Honda spray cleaner polish for quick detailing.

Yesterday is when this prob occured..My car was sittin in the garage for 10 hrs afta driving before I used the detail spray.I use micro-fiber towels from Viking and they work great but the spray just starts to haze expecially on my hood and tunk, including the wing...the rest of the car doesnt haze as much
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

The best detail glosser I have ever used is Zaino Z6. Smells great and leaves an awesome wet look with no haze. It also is great in repelling dust and/or cleaning small smudges of dirt here and there.
    2005 Aspen White STi

used something simular or the same and my hood got all bumpy with crap. had to polish it all over.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.