oil drain plug washers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on oil drain plug washers? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does the rex have a drain plug washer when it comes off the lot? I just changed my oil myslelf ...

oil drain plug washers?

Does the rex have a drain plug washer when it comes off the lot? I just changed my oil myslelf for the first time as opposed to having them do it and there was no washer.

If so- what size does it need to be because I couldn't find anything that would fit it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

svc
    Mine did, but it was fused onto the drain plug and had to be pried off. It almost looked like they painted the drain plug with the washer on it.
    sammAy!

Originally posted by svc
    Mine did, but it was fused onto the drain plug and had to be pried off. It almost looked like they painted the drain plug with the washer on it.
    Yeah, I've heard that the first time you change your oil, the "crush washer" is really hard to find cause it's almost painted onto the drain plug. I had my first change at the dealer, so I didn't get to see this first hand, but the last time I changed my oil (to full synthetic), I didn't have any problems locating it.

Get a Fumoto valve and never worry about that again

install here

Oh yeah, I think there's a discount code for like 10% off - try "YM4" I think...

-C

svc
    Originally posted by cannibal869
    Get a Fumoto valve and never worry about that again

install here

Oh yeah, I think there's a discount code for like 10% off - try "YM4" I think...

-C
    Thank you for that link! Been meaning to order one of those.

...discount code worked. You're today's winner
    Last edited by svc; 07-30-2004 at 09:10 AM.
    sammAy!

I thought about the valve but really it's a piece of cake to take that bolt off so i don't really feel I need it.

Does anyone know what size washer or where they might sell them? Maybe subaru?

You can get 'em from your (local) subaru dealer or online - try http://www.1stsubaruparts.com/

As far as I can tell, this is the part you want:
    Gasket - 2.0 liter 02-04 $0.77
    Engine / transaxle - Engine parts - drain plug - Gasket

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.