brake bleed idea need input

This is a discussion on brake bleed idea need input within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a vacuum pump at work was thinking of taking home and wanted to know how well it would ...

brake bleed idea need input

I have a vacuum pump at work was thinking of taking home and wanted to know how well it would work for this. think it pull 20-25 in Hg. oh and what should I use for a canister before the pump?
    thanx
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    whatever sealed plastic container that fits.

Sounds like you're thinking of a Mity-Vac.

tan
    $30 at

www.harborfreight.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mityvac.gif  

I bought one of those Mity-Vac units to bleed the front brake on my motorcycle and it worked mint. I had heard people having trouble bleeding this particular brake system, so I just skipped all the hassle and went right to the vacuum bleeder. It took longer to get the thing out of the package and hook it up to the bike than it did to actually bleed the brake lines which were dry. $26 dollars at AutoZone and worth every penny in my book.
    Gilligan