Too much oil?

This is a discussion on Too much oil? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My dipstick read really low the other day so I threw in about a half a quart of oil. Now ...

Too much oil?

My dipstick read really low the other day so I threw in about a half a quart of oil. Now it's prety high, as in over F. Should I worry about anything? I had a little smoke out of my exhuast and thought that might have been caused from the oil...should I be worried?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    i wouldnt worry too too much about it. adding too much oil to your tranny could cause it to foam, which is bad, and im not sure if its the same deal with the engine or not. but if it were me, id shrug it off and re-read it tomorrow and see if it levels out. if youre really worried after about 2 days of this just drain some out. let us know what you find

i think the boxer engine design is quarky when it comes to checking your oil levels.

just my .02
    woooo

I think there is something funny about it too. I've never had weird problems like that with any of my friends with inline fours... but teh boxer pwns them anyways

There's a small notch above the Full mark for readings with a warm engine. If it's below that, then your fine. Even if it's a little over, you shouldn't be too alarmed. 1/2 quart is nothing
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock