60k mile tune up

This is a discussion on 60k mile tune up within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just called my local dealership, and inquired about the 60k tune-up, and the service guy advised me that it ...

60k mile tune up

I just called my local dealership, and inquired about the 60k tune-up, and the service guy advised me that it would be $750!!!My question is whether or not, everyone else is getting the tune-up done, is it neccessary, and how much are people paying for it to be done? I was expecting it to at least be in the same neighborhood as my 30k tune-up. Any and all reasonable suggestions are appreciated. Regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey, yeah I just called in and was told it would be 850 dollars! Wtf, from everything I've read it should be in the 500 or less range. Anyone got any tips as to how I could convince the dealership not to rip me off??

And what if I just wanted to get an independant place to do it - would it be wise to just ask them to perform everything on the maitenence agenda from SOA?

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    DIY, save money, & learn all at the same time.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Yeah, and I totally would, but I leave for school in a week (a 1400 mile/29 hour trip) and am spending all my time packing/cleaning etc. There's no friggin way I'll have time to do all that...plus I don't really have a reputable source that I can go to firsthand and in person.

But once I get to school I'll have time....between working 30 hours so I can make car payments, 16 hours of class, an attempt at a social life....so wait, nevermind ugh, it never ends.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Seriously, I do need to take the time to learn those kinda things. Just....not now haha.