Oil Drain Plug with OEM Temp Sensor
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil Drain Plug with OEM Temp Sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone know the size of the plug, it's huge an don't wanna have to buy a bunch of wrenches. No ...

Oil Drain Plug with OEM Temp Sensor

Anyone know the size of the plug, it's huge an don't wanna have to buy a bunch of wrenches. No one responded to the post about this before, surely someone knows?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Duh, I just put an ajustable wrench on it, seems to be 1 1/16. Thats what, 25 or 26mm.

The Drain plug!? 25 or 26mm!?!?

IIRC it's 17mm .
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Do you mean the fitting that you'd undo to tap into to fit an oil pressure gauge?

Check this page out...

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...=gauge+install

Please note: I havne't done this install, or even laid eyes on what we're talking about. Just doing searches. :-)
    Last edited by is2scooby; 08-02-2002 at 02:57 PM.

I have the OEM oil temp guage, the sender is fitted into the original oil drain. So to drain the oil, you need 1 1/16 inch wrench. At least I do.

I Support ClubWRX
    It'd be better to get a metric for a perfect fit. Not sure exactly the size though. It's NOT 17mm thats without the sender.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

When I asked the Subie parts people about the drain plug they said it had the temp sensor built in... am I missing something here? Is this a different drain plug than the one on the oil pan? It may be 19mm but I'm sure it's no bigger than that if it's the normal oil pan drain plug.

Please let me know what's up, I've never heard of this and I'm always eager to learn new things
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

If your looking for a wrench to fit the drain plug with the oil temp sensor, I believe it's 27mm. I'll go home and look at my wrench to be sure and repost the definite answer. I had to look in several different stores to find a wrench that big, finally I found a Sears that had them in stock.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.