A little common sense safety tip (from a guy who learned his lesson) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on A little common sense safety tip (from a guy who learned his lesson) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Wow, I missed this post way back. I never get under a car without jack stands and some type of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, I missed this post way back. I never get under a car without jack stands and some type of wheel chock. I also try to keep the jack underneath the car somewhere just in case the stands fail. When I was 15 years old and working at a bodyshop/tow-yard I witnessed one of the workers legs get crushed when a F350 Dually sling truck fell on his legs and pulverized them. The picture of his bone protruding through his skin is forever burned into my brain so I don't skimp on safety. Lifts make me terribly nervous. I've seen cars fall off of them. I feel better about the jack and stands.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Wow, I missed this post way back. I never get under a car without jack stands and some type of wheel chock. I also try to keep the jack underneath the car somewhere just in case the stands fail.
    I always jack the car up, then let it back down until it comes to rest on the jack stands. Then, I give the jack an extra pump so that the load is shared between the jack and the stands.
    -Lee

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer
    I always jack the car up, then let it back down until it comes to rest on the jack stands. Then, I give the jack an extra pump so that the load is shared between the jack and the stands.
    exactly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12