Where are the Sparkplugs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where are the Sparkplugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know this sounds stupid but I'm having the hardest time finding them. I'm doing a major tuneup and I ...

Lightbulb Where are the Sparkplugs

I know this sounds stupid but I'm having the hardest time finding them. I'm doing a major tuneup and I know how to change everything but I'm having the hardest time finding the plugs!! HELP PLEASE!!

-alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hello anyone?? it's getting dark outside and I don't want to have to take this thing apart to find them..

-alex

I love this board!! Ok well I guess in case anyone needs to replace their own sparkplugs one day, this might help.

The WRX doesn't have spark plug wires. It is a direct fire ignition meaning that there is a coil on top of each sparkplug. The coils are visibly seen once you remove the washer fluid tank on the driver's side and the intake arm on the passenger side.

The coils are the little back square things , that are near the very bottom edge of the boxer engine. 12V, was all I could visibly see from the darkness of the garage I was working in. They are located next to the engine bay walls. It was very tedious in removing the coils and one you figure how to twist out the coil, removing the actual sparkplug will be even harder.

There is very little space to move your hands in working the plugs in and out of there so I suggest taking a several hours off to handle this project if you are inexperienced in working with the boxer engine.

enjoi...
    -alex

I would've answered this if I saw it, cause I knew the answer...
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

taking out the plugs almost definitely requires a spark plug socket and an adjustable angle ratchet attachment.

otherwise, you're in for a long, arduous job.

in the future, rather than getting frustrated and sarcastic, give the search button a try.
    A simple search for "spark plug" in the TUTORIAL forum yielded this :

Spark Plug Tutorial

staggering, huh?

also, you can find links to many helpful instructions and tutorials in the Tutorial FAQ Thread, stickied at the top of the forum.

dR

wait till you do the injectors..now thats really fun..and really cramped!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.