OIL amount on oil change!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on OIL amount on oil change!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone tell me how many Qt of motor oil I need to put during oil change?? 4.7 Qt???...

OIL amount on oil change!!

Can anyone tell me how many Qt of motor oil I need to put during oil change??

4.7 Qt???
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    4.8 quarts. Says it in the owners manual.

Any idea why my 9-2x manual says 4.2 qt's? I have to change my oil this weekend and this discrepancy scares me. I didn't call the Saab dealership but I'm 99% sure they will be clueless since it's a new product and they have proven to be nothing but dumbasses to date.

I guess I'll just have to add a little bit at a time over the 4.2 checking the level after running the motor.

Originally posted by banderson
    Any idea why my 9-2x manual says 4.2 qt's? I have to change my oil this weekend and this discrepancy scares me. I didn't call the Saab dealership but I'm 99% sure they will be clueless since it's a new product and they have proven to be nothing but dumbasses to date.

I guess I'll just have to add a little bit at a time over the 4.2 checking the level after running the motor.
    Maybe the SAAB version doesn't have the oil cooler the WRX has? Maybe it has a shallow oil pan compared to WRX? Just throwing out some thoughts here.

my manual says 4.2 qts as well,i have an 05 wrx
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

I just change the oil by myself, I put 4.5 qt.
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Originally posted by arbnmac
    my manual says 4.2 qts as well,i have an 05 wrx

Hmmm

Maybe they changed it on both? That is an odd move to lower the oil capacity in a turbo motor.

Originally posted by AUTO228
    I just change the oil by myself, I put 4.5 qt.
    That's what I put in..
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Are 05 oil capacities different from 04 and below? My manual for my STI states 4.8. My 04 rex was 4.8 also. Let me know, thanks.

4.8 Quarts of oil are nominal for the WRX's EJ20 engine. For banderson in Jersey: I am under the impression that Saab has put the same EJ20 engine from Fuji Heavy Industries into their new 92X. I can't imagine that they would have decreased the oil pan size. But I am only speculating.

It may be that they are not adding in for the oil filter.

4.2 if you don't change the filter maybe?

I have seen some manuals do that. Otherwise, I don't know.

Oil Amount

Just changed my oil for the first time on my 9-2X. It took the full 4.8 quarts so the manual is correct.

(By the way, as a matter of policy, my first change on all my new cars is always at 500 mi. just to get any crap out that is left behind, shaved or broken off, etc. Not a bad idea since you wouldn't beleive what I've found before (a sea of silvery particles, sharp shavings, chunks of metal). But I have to say that this was absolutely the cleanest first change I've ever seen. They do a ggod job at the factory with this engine.)

FYI Saabarubian the WRX has a magnetic drain plug to grab metal particles. I would think your faux WRX Saabaru does too. Be sure to clean it off at every oil change and get a new drain plug gasket.

I Support ClubWRX
    See the existing discussion on filters. The filter size spec'ed for newer cars is smaller than the older filter. This might explain the discrepancy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I dumped a full 5qts in last time. It seemed like it needed it. Maybe I am .2 qts too full tho. I doubt that would make much of a difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.