need to replace alternator help please

This is a discussion on need to replace alternator help please within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey all, the alternator in my legacy outback wagon just decided to break on me. That said, i need to ...

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar

need to replace alternator help please

hey all, the alternator in my legacy outback wagon just decided to break on me. That said, i need to know how to remove the belt that drives the alternator (serpentine belt?). What tools would i need to borrow to get the belt on that alternator off (the belt runs a few other things too). And if this is the timing belt, what steps would i need to do to realign the timing?

motor: 1999 ej25
    car: 1999 subaru legacy outback wagon

much thanks in advance!

-James

side note: no more cancer. health returning. taking up automotive mechanics as a hobby so i dont waste excessive $ on labor charges.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    ah well im sorry to see that nobody replied to a brother in need. i figured out how to tackle the problem myself, but seriously most of you guys just post bullshlt. sadly enough there are only a few guys on this board who have the mechanical wits to work on their own cars, not have mommy pay some guy to do the work for them.

and i mean actual mechanics, not installing a useless strutbar.

im off to nasioc, where the people with the knowledge speak up when you ask a question. bye all
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Bye!!! Good luck to ya