Possible dealer screwup

This is a discussion on Possible dealer screwup within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I took my vehicle in for the 30k service 3K miles ago. Since then I have had a couple ...

Possible dealer screwup

So I took my vehicle in for the 30k service 3K miles ago. Since then I have had a couple of things pop up that should have been caught or, may have been caused by the servicing.

1) AC belt squeak - It's infrequent and hard to catch but loud and annoying when it happens.
    2) Invoice had mis-labeled the spark plugs as RS plugs.. or are they .
    3) They supposedly upgraded my ecu codes, but I recently had to send it back to subaru for re-programming!!

What do you guys think I should say to the dealer? I have another dealer close to my work place which seeeeems more accomodating, so I don't have to go to this one anymore, but should I still give them a bit of hell?
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, either I'm dreaming or they said one thing and printed another on the invoice. I suspect the later, it doesn't say computer updates, but I'm pretty sure that's what they said. Bah, It's all fixed now (except for belts that I'll do myself).
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

if the 30k wasnt free, and youve had to pay oput of pocket to get additional work done as a result, i would at minimum send em a bill.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Well, you have to realize this does not involve me handing over cash, but dropping off my car and driving a cheap loaner is something I would rather not do. As I said though, it's all good now except for that squeak, that I'll use my little voice recorder to prove so I don't get them saying they can't hear it so I have to leave it overnight or go back another day when it gets unbearable.

Does is squeak only when you turn it on?
    Mine does that... like a 'chirp' or 'cheep'.

-tp

When it starts up *sometimes* it squeals like a piggy, but then afterwards it just goes cheep, cheep. Of course I won't bother with the recorder now, I'll just fix it my self.
    Last edited by Retro; 07-08-2004 at 06:32 PM.

I would pull one of the plugs out and look at the numbers on them. Make sure they actually put the right plugs in.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

for the squeek, go to your local auto parts store, and get some belt drressing...should be a in a spraycan. place some towels on your fenders in the centrafugal center of the belt assy. and spray a little on while the car is idling after warm up. the reason for the towels is to not get the splatter from the dressing on your paint...its a bioch to get off. and DONT SPRAY TOO MUCH!! A lil goes a long ways!
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?