Having problem with AC?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Having problem with AC? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are any of you guys having problems with your AC? Like it not being cold? Well for the past 2 ...

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar

Having problem with AC?

Are any of you guys having problems with your AC? Like it not being cold? Well for the past 2 and a half weeks, I've been driving around with my windows rolled down cause my AC sucked. But today when I was at a friends house, he and Verdugo noticed something wasnt plugged. Well they plugged it. On the way home I turned on the AC and damn it was cold! So make sure the damn thing is plugged!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

where was this "plug" at that wasnt connected?
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    If you look from where your emblem is, move straight up and you should see this 2 plugs. They SHOULD be connected. Mine wasn't.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's right next to the alternator...it's a light brown connector. Ivan said "What the hell? Why is this unplugged?" and I said "Hey you know he told me earlier he was having problems with his AC..."

Ivan then said "Armin, check if yours is plugged in!" so I ran to my car and checked..."Yep, it's plugged in!" Then Ivan plugged it in and POOF the AC works!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

If youre referring to the connector directly above the A/C compressor, its the one that sends the signal to activate the clutch on your compressor, which is what actually allows the refrigerant (and hence the air) to be cooled...

Why wasn't it plugged in?
    Someone in quality control was asleep that day...

speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

Can someone post a picture? I checked for a brown plug, and did not see one I have the same A/C problems (live in the mid-west) and want the A/C to always blow frigid.

thanks in advance

Last edited by bdoug; 02-03-2006 at 06:14 AM.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

If that connector is OK then you should also check the ground, just behind it on the intake manifold. Also make sure your AC fan (ie the one that should come on when you turn on the AC). if youre AC is cold when youre moving, but heats up from light to light, then that might be the problem.

You also have to remember that the system is designed not to take up to much hp. Part of the sacrifice for having a little 4cyl engine with loads of power.

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

My A/C problem is simply that the A/C will blow cold for a while, and then the fan keeps blowing, but with less cold air. If I turn the A/C off then on again, its fine and the cycle starts again.

I was plugged in. i think I am going to insulate some of the A/C piping and see what happens

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.