Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh

This is a discussion on Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, here's the situation. stopped for gas. pumped a full tank of 92 octane. Cranked her up and pulled away ...

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Ok, here's the situation. stopped for gas. pumped a full tank of 92 octane. Cranked her up and pulled away and noticed.....absolutely no boost coming on. I mean nothing. The only thing that I can think of is that my turbo somehow completely siezed. Any imput?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are getting zero boost what so every there is definetly something wrong with your turbo. Without boost control your turbo will still hit like 7-8psi if I can remember.

sounds like you got an excuse now for a turbo upgrade..but hey dont worry..if it is the turbo..you can get them for under 200 bucks for stock turbos on these forums..not 2 hard 2 replace it

you can get a stock turbo on ebay for even less than that...

yeah..i just tend 2 trust our clubwrx guys more

Check to make sure the C clip on the wastegate arm didn't fall off. If it did the car will build 0 psi of boost. Do you hear any sounds like scraping of clunking? Is there smoke coming from your exhaust? If not, then it's probably just the C clip.

thanks for the imput guys. I'm going to check the c-clip as there hasn't been any funky sounds coming out. But I've just finished ordering my VF34, 850cc injectors, UTEC, invidia headers, and walbro pump. The timing just really sucks. I wanted to be able to sell the turbo if it's working.

Dang nice purchase.

Ok, well, I know it's been a while since I posted an update. The VF34, headers, up-pipe,
    walbro pump, stage 2 clutch and utec are in. When I got the OE turbo out there was nothing but black sludge coming out. Looks like the turbo gasket was blown and was leaking oil everywhere. The next thing I need to do is the injectors. Only problem is that I can't find where they go. Any help?