Help please! CEL
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help please! CEL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my car through a CEL on my way home last night. I have no idea why. it seems to surge ...

Help please! CEL

my car through a CEL on my way home last night. I have no idea why. it seems to surge in power. specially when getting on or off the gas. also my ebc quit last night it seems but looks like bad connection for the power. I need to know how I can get the code. as well what it means. please help me out here. I ordered a manual but do not have it just yet. I repluged the stock ebc backing for it's vacuum lines today. cel still there. car still surges in power.
    thanx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like it might be something serious. My guess is, if your EBC went out you probably spiked in boost and hit fuel cut. If you did that the car might very well have gone into limp home mode. Not sure entirely about the limp home mode but I'm pretty sure you hit fuel cut. Take it into a o'reilly's or autozone and they can read your code for free. Might be something as simple as just unplugging the battery for a few minutes to reset the ECU.....or not..
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

hmm ok i was thinking about that might give that a try with the battory first. I only was cruzing home when it did it but the boost controler was on when the light came on. lost power to ebc between then and this morning.

found vacuum hose fell off turbo causing spikes I guess. going to try and reset it a bit later.

is there a thread or stick or any info for that mater that tells about cel's?

Originally posted by hybrid gti 2
    is there a thread or stick or any info for that mater that tells about cel's?
    What do you need to know?
    05 Crystal Gray STi

well I was thinking is there a way to test with out scaner like a 96 nissan altima I fixed once.

also what are the general causes or cel. late oil, timming jump, gas cap?
    thanx

There's not a code reader right on the subaru's that I know of. There are hundereds of causes for CEL's. My guess is, if you were spiking boost, you just hit fuel cut. I did that once when my wastegate wasn't right. Boost spiked at like 19 lbs and fuel cut came on as well as CEL. If you were to look at an OBD II book however you'd see hundered of readings for different codes that the ECU can throw. Without taking it to a place to get read there's no real way of saying what set it off...
    05 Crystal Gray STi

yep you were right. disconnect battory and all is well!
    thanx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.