Pulley kit and spark plug install help

This is a discussion on Pulley kit and spark plug install help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This has probably been covered before but if someone could help me find a post or link I would appriciated ...

str

Pulley kit and spark plug install help

This has probably been covered before but if someone could help me find a post or link I would appriciated it:

I'll be intalling a AEM Pulley Kit and NGK Iridium Spark Plugs next week. I want to do it myself and I think it should be fairly easy. If someone could help me out with some install instructions for both, that would be great. The plugs are shipping to me pre-gapped.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

These topics are kind of unrelated. I just posted a pulley install in Engine Performance. The spark plug thread would belong here. BTW, I don't recommend Iridium plugs. Stick with Pt.

-Jim

str
    Thanks. I'm assuming that the AEM pulley install will be the same. Why not iridium??
    2004 Black Forester XT

Platinum plugs can take some abuse. Iridium, while performing well, can fail suddenly and take an engine with them!

-Jim

str
    Damn. I already ordered them. That sucks, I don't want my engine to blow. Does anyone else here use them? My friend who helps me with my installs says that they are great.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    Damn. I already ordered them. That sucks, I don't want my engine to blow. Does anyone else here use them? My friend who helps me with my installs says that they are great.
    Ask any serious tuner how great they are. Ask God, he'll tell you how good they are.

Iridium spark plugs= overpriced garbage

-Jim

garbage may be a bit overkill imo, but the reliability is a bit suspect.

stick with the platinum.

dR

Actually guys, you are better off with Silver plugs, then Copper plugs then Platinum plugs as far as performance goes.

If you run Nitrous you DO NOT WANT to run platinum plugs but only Silver or Copper. If your car's power level is something like TXS Stage 4 then you're probably better off moving to copper or silver plugs with a gap of 28-30 or so.

At stage 4 power levels I was getting a lot of back-fires and this got cured quickly when I moved to copper plugs gapped at 28.

The downside to copper plugs is that you need to change them more often compared to platinum plugs. They cost 1/3 to 1/4 as much so besides "your time" it's cheaper to use copper too.

Carlo