Pieces falling off = regular wear and tear?

This is a discussion on Pieces falling off = regular wear and tear? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Check this out... My WRX is barely a year old, still under warranty. I get the regular service done (according ...

Pieces falling off = regular wear and tear?

Check this out...

My WRX is barely a year old, still under warranty. I get the regular service done (according to schedule) at my dealer in Thousand Oaks, CA.

A couple months ago, while driving, the plastic cover inside my front driver-side wheel-well spontaneously ripped out. I hadn't hit anything in the road, made no modifications that required the removal of that part - it just fell off for no apparent reason.

When I took it to my dealer a day or so later, they said such a repair was NOT covered in the warranty because that's "regular wear and tear on the car." $150 to replace.

Last week it was time to change the oil, so I decided to do it myself instead of the dealer (who did it last time.) To my surprise, the skid plate under the car was missing two of its plastic pins and three bolts. The remaining two bolts were so loose I could remove them by hand. The dealership was the last mechanic to remove that piece.

I'm starting to wonder what other pieces of my WRX might be falling off due to "regular wear and tear"...

Subaru of Thousand Oaks and the corporate office will be hearing from me.

-MacGomez-
    '04 Java Black Impreza WRX Wagon
    Minor mods, nothing spectacular (yet!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    Wear Item Limited Warranty
    Wear item coverage for all models is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered include brake pad/shoe linings, clutch disk linings, and wiper blades.
    *See your Subaru Dealer for complete details
    http://www.subaru.com/owners/care/warranty/middle.jsp