Oil change and AC issues...

This is a discussion on Oil change and AC issues... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First... I just changed my oil. After emptying the drain pan I found the below picture. Those things that look ...

Oil change and AC issues...

First...

I just changed my oil. After emptying the drain pan I found the below picture. Those things that look like bubbles seem to be metal shavings to me. This happened last time and I thought I'd wait till the next change to see what happens. I've been using Fram filters, could it be pieces from the filter?

If this is something to worry about, what might I have to pay to get it fixed?

Second...

Yesterday my car started making a quick squeaking noise when my AC is on. I can recreated it while having the car moving and turning the AC button on. I seem to have to move around 20mph or more. Doesn't do it when I'm parked (or not everytime.) If I leave the air on, the squeak happens every minute or so while I'm moving. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drain.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This reminds me to change my oil soon.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

that would be your a/c belt too loose!! try to tight up your a/c belt a little bit, and see that still making noise??

Originally posted by AUTO228
    that would be your a/c belt too loose!! try to tight up your a/c belt a little bit, and see that still making noise??
    Where is the AC belt and how do I tighten it?

When you open the hood, in the middle there is the alternator. On the right side of the alternator, there is the A/C compressor. The belt that connect to the A/C compressor pully is the A/C belt. IT is easy to find out yourself how to tight it!!

Originally posted by AUTO228
    When you open the hood, in the middle there is the alternator. On the right side of the alternator, there is the A/C compressor. The belt that connect to the A/C compressor pully is the A/C belt. IT is easy to find out yourself how to tight it!!
    ohh sweet, im getting this sqeek noise to when the a/c is on