Weird Transmission Oil Drain Plug

This is a discussion on Weird Transmission Oil Drain Plug within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I wanted to change my tranny fluid when to my surprise I saw that the drain plug has some ...

Question Weird Transmission Oil Drain Plug

Hi, I wanted to change my tranny fluid when to my surprise I saw that the drain plug has some sort of 6 pointed star shaped head. I can't use a regular socket wrench to remove it. I went to a parts dealer and they had no tool to match it. Does anyone know where I can get the tool to remove the drain plug?

My car is a 2004 WRX wagon.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by leocookie; 06-13-2004 at 11:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It takes a TORX T70 socket. You can get one here for $22 http://www.toolsource.com/ost1/Resul...=t70&Submit=Go

Or, a Subaru dealership will be able to order one for you and IIRC, they are $14.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Thanks so much for your help!

Originally posted by bdoug
    It takes a TORX T70 socket. You can get one here for $22 http://www.toolsource.com/ost1/Resul...=t70&Submit=Go

Or, a Subaru dealership will be able to order one for you and IIRC, they are $14.

No prob, bro. Glad to help.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.