Royal Purple Engine Oil
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Royal Purple Engine Oil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You guys heard of them right? Did anyone ever use it? Any opinions?...

Royal Purple Engine Oil

You guys heard of them right?
    Did anyone ever use it?
    Any opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have been using it since my first oil change.

They claim better horsepower and I think gas mileage. Butt dyno testing says slightly better pull durring acceleration. I did notice about a mile or two more per gallon after the change. Engine temp seems to be more stable.

That my 2 cents.
    Now with more V8 powa!

how much are they? and where can I get it?
    Thanks.

ran the purple in all of my dirt bikes and in my miata for 5 years, great stuff, i havebt switched in the rex yet, it is just not very avail, i know 1 place in austin that sells it a a decent price.

How does it compare to Red Line oil? ...or is it too difficult to tell.

-- Rich

i am not sure i havent used redline, although i hear it is good stuff, just not alot of local retailers carry it and if they do they want to much. there was a speed shop in town who sold purple for 7.95/qt., i paid 4.25 at napa. same with redline in my experience. my miata has 140K on it, still runs great which is amazing because it went to redline and fuel cutoff many times a day throughout its life.

tan
    One of the tings Royal Purple tells you (in their FAQ) is their SAE grade oils, are not 100% synthetic. This doesn't bother them, as their oils, nonetheless perform very well.

So far, I have been getting Royal Purple from my dealer (all the mechanics there have 11sec or better VW Bugs).

They charge 6.95/qt. I know of another place that sells it but haven't gotten over there yet to find out what they are charging.
    Now with more V8 powa!

oil's

How would compare royal purple to mobil 1? I've been using mobil 1 in all my vehicels that I have ever own and gotten good results along having an oil analysis done at certain times and was very good no break down of the oil and no metal fragments found.

i am running Mobil-1 now, but i can tell you that in the miata i tried mobil -1, the 1.6L had a valve clatter issue due to a lubrication issue and Hydraulic valves, oils that broke down quickly would make the engine clatter when hot or just starting up. the issue was really bad with conventional oils, i changed to mobil-1 and the clatter did not come back until about 2500 miles on the oil, with royal purple i could go a steady 5K between changes with valve clatter never comming up. that being said i think purple is superior to mobil-1.

Hey All,

Quick question for those using Royal Purple. What weight and how many quarts did you end up buying/using of the stuff? Sounds like a worthwhile investment now that my 3k mile mark is coming up! (Sheesh - it seems like it took FOREVER to get to 1k, and now the odometer is just spinning like MAD! :-)

Any thoughts on oil filters while we're at it?

Aloha,
    Richard...

I have been using royal purple on my civic for about a year now and its great stuff!! I take my civic up to 9000rpms all the time and my oil holds up fine!! I'm about to hit 7500 miles on my subie and am probably gonna switch to royal purple too!! Oh yeah I use mobil 1 oil filters on my civic (which work well i guess..alittle pricey though) and subaru oem oil filter on my WRX! Oh yeah i get my oil directly from the source in Porter,TX for about $4.75 a quart!!
    02 Blue WRX Sedan<---Gone but not Forgotten!!!!
    05 WR Blue WRX Sti <---- coming soon

i use royal purple myself and truly... i don't really feel a HUGE diff..although it does make me feel like it runs smoother tho. ummm i forget what weight and stuff it was... i know the number was around.. like.. 85? i forget

--RaCinWRX

You guys should try AMSOIL

check out my site for more info

Originally posted by BlueScooby
    I have been using royal purple on my civic for about a year now and its great stuff!! I take my civic up to 9000rpms all the time and my oil holds up fine!! I'm about to hit 7500 miles on my subie and am probably gonna switch to royal purple too!! Oh yeah I use mobil 1 oil filters on my civic (which work well i guess..alittle pricey though) and subaru oem oil filter on my WRX! Oh yeah i get my oil directly from the source in Porter,TX for about $4.75 a quart!!
    i thought royal purple was in Humble TX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.