Possible issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay my car is exactly two weeks old - the past two times I have filled up i have noticed ...

Possible issue

Okay my car is exactly two weeks old - the past two times I have filled up i have noticed that a puddle the size of a home doormat appears right directly under the right rear tire - like below where the gas tank is but closer to the tire - now my question is......I obviously have not been over filling the damn car, so is it possible that a have a hose leak going to the tank - because the car does not ever leak anything when I am driving or when its parked - ONLY when I am filling it - not even right after i fill it - its so damn wierd........anyone else ever have this problem/know what the hell it could be????? - thanks- Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    I would bring the car back to the dealer and have them check it out since you've only had the car for 2 weeks.

Calvin

Doing that this week - just wanted to see if anyone knew about this problem cause I like to know things before the dealer does - that way I can give them a better description - the saturn techs loved it when I described exactly what was happening with technical info cause it made their job easier - and i liked knowing because I could check and see that the job/work was done properly and they did not just tell me "oh we fixed it" - I know these guys are paid to know their stuff but I don't trust anyone at dealerships ever (my dad owned two dealerships when I was younger so I know how the business works unfortunately)- thats why I made the general manager sell me the car instead of a sales guy. - By the way - thanks CNK - you are always one of the first to help with questions and i appreciate that - dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

cnk
    No problem Dan. There's a filler tube that goes from the gas cap to the tank. . .there are drain holes at the bottom of the filler top so that excess fuel when you take the pump out can drain. Unless you've been filling up at the same pump at the same gas station, I would say there's something loose or there's a hole some place. If it was the same pump/station, then I'd try a different station. . .never know, maybe the pump is defective.

Calvin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.