Parking lights don't flash when I lock or unlock my car anymore.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Parking lights don't flash when I lock or unlock my car anymore. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright guys, I feel pretty damn stupid asking this question. Well, here goes. When I first got my car (got ...

Unhappy Parking lights don't flash when I lock or unlock my car anymore.

Alright guys, I feel pretty damn stupid asking this question. Well, here goes. When I first got my car (got it used). The parking lights and brake lights would flash on when I would lock or unlock my car. This was until one of my friends got ahold of my remote . The lights no longer flash, the car just locks or unlocks with the dome light coming on. I have tried the Buzzer Chirp feature (pressing unlock once, then pressing both lock and unlock at the same time) but it was to no avail. I only wake up or annoy my neighbors with the chirps from my horn. Now I don't know if there is a button combination that needs to be performed in order to activate this function or what. But I miss my flashing lights to tell me when the car is locked or unlocked.

Regards,
    Corey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm... Maybe this is the wrong forum for this? If a mod could move this post that would be great. Thanks!

I would check some fuses. If that doesn't work I would take it to the dealer.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll just take it over there tomorrow.

if you have the upgraded alarm, it's likely in valet mode. this happened to me...took me about 3 months to figure out.

Yeah, I have the upgraded security. What did you do to fix it?

there's some combo of buttons to press...i'll have to check the owner's manual.

yea the same thing happened to me..check your manuel..its the valet mode enabled..

Ok, I fixed it. I just didn't know that there was a "valet mode." For future reference all you have to do is open the driver's side door and press the unlock/dissarm button for a couple of seconds. The indicator light should blink a couple times, and then you're out of valet mode! Now I can watch my lights flash when I lock or unlock my car.

I had wondered as mine did it from the word go.
    thanx

Hahaha no problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.