30,000 mile tune-up

This is a discussion on 30,000 mile tune-up within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a question about the 30,000 mile tune-up. I just got off the phone with my local subaru dealer ...

30,000 mile tune-up

I have a question about the 30,000 mile tune-up. I just got off the phone with my local subaru dealer and they said that they have two different "tune-ups" One is a platinum package that has some sort of throttle body cleaner and some other stuff and the other one is just a normal 30,000 mile tune up. The platinum package is $569 and the normal one is $399. Is it worth it to get the Platinum package? Or does it really matter? Is this a reasonable price for this service? Thanks for all your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    I think either is very cheap. I paid $550 for the regular one. I am still pissed off. I will never send my car to th edealership again. Don't trust them.

JH

Please be sure to search for your questions in the future. you'll get your answers much more quickly, and you'll probably find more information. should you have additional questions on the topic, be sure to post them in an exiting thread, so future searches will be more valuable for those with the same questions.

Especially where this question is so basic, you would have been better served reading the valuable discussions already on this topic. I've run a search for you to show what 2 minutes of browsing could yield.

in short. that's too much money. for $300 or less, you should be able to have all the 30K maintenance completed by another mechanic. the dealership overcharges for everything. for a list of the work you'll need, see the posts below, as well as many other valuable pieces of info.

dR

Techishkindasorta: 30k service

30.000 miles service

Service Manual excerpt: Periodic Maintenance

30K servicefest