Help!!! Loss Of Power !

This is a discussion on Help!!! Loss Of Power ! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; HI guys I bought this 02 subaru wrx, its got 35 k and as I was driving it today when ...

Help!!! Loss Of Power !

HI guys I bought this 02 subaru wrx, its got 35 k and as I was driving it today when all of the sudden I stopped feeling the turbo boost. I was taking it easy for the better part of this day and then i decided to push it. It was fine off of the light untill i had to slow down to let this jay walker go through on another light. I reduced from 4 into 2 becasue i had to slow down so much however the revs jumped to like 4500 rpm, after that i threw it then into 3rd i couldn't feel the turbo kick anymore. The engine sounds like its reving fine, however i dont feel that kick at around 3500 anymore. Its just a lot more linear now, I do feel some kick but much later on like around 5000 rpm. It feels like i lost boost or something. I looked under the hood to see any leaks from popped hoses but everything looks fine. The car does pull decent but not as firece as before. Any ideas? I just want to know maybe there is a simple solution other wise i have to take it to the dealer. Thanks a lot for any suggestions in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HEHE i figured out my own problem. It was the gas that I took. They must have some nasty s&*&t becasue my car doesn't like it. It became much better when i let it cool off and on my drive to work in the morning it pulled more like normal, with just a slight hesitation still. Unfortunatelly i have a full tank of this so i have to suffer through it and as soon as i get a chance i will get gas at my usuall gas station. Just an update I figure if anyone has this problem in the future they will know.