What tools do you use?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What tools do you use? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I'm building up my collection of tools. I am just wondering what is needed to do most of the ...

What tools do you use?

Hi, I'm building up my collection of tools. I am just wondering what is needed to do most of the work/modding that I am going to be doing. Here's what I have.

10-18mm box wrenches
    10-17mm sockets
    10-15, 17, 19mm deep sockets
    10-17mm nut drivers
    rachets + 6" extension
    needle nose pliers/wire cutter
    10 peice screwdriver set
    Ironclad gloves (like Mechanix)

I may need a 19mm box wrench, and a 2nd 14mm box wrench.
    I should probably buy an oxygen sensor wrench.
    Any sizes that you end up using a lot? I've seen 10, 12, 14, and 17 the most I think. Don't know if the 16 and 18 are even worth having.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    Those are pretty much it to get you around most of the car. I would also suggest a good torque wrench and breaker bar. Jack stands, ramps, jack, sparkplug socket, 1/2" ratchet for the rear diff, and I believe it's either a 21 or 22mm socket for the tranny drain bolt.

Calvin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.