Anyone fixed the window squeak?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone fixed the window squeak? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm trying to find a quick and simple fix for the window squeak. Has anyone been successful fixing it on ...

Anyone fixed the window squeak?

I'm trying to find a quick and simple fix for the window squeak. Has anyone been successful fixing it on their own. I'll take it to the dealer if I must, but I'd prefer not to. Thanks in advance.
    -Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd like to know too. It doesn't bug me that bad, but if there's a way to fix it.. I'd do it.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

i just got the squeak, sounds just like a common squeak in my miata, the fix there was to clean the window tracks, i have not tried it yet, no time to take door panel off, in the miata i just cleaned the track inside the door with a rag, supposedly dirt gets in there and make a horrid noise, very similar to what i am hearing in my rex. i will let you know if i ever get around to it. i found the fix somewhere on miata.net.

dealer oiled mine, and said it fixed the squeal, but it didn't.

then they said it's becasue my window is tinted.

is anyone sure it's not mechanical. is really sounds like the motor is shot.

dR

I'm not sure if it's dirt. Or that's the only reason for it to squeak. Mine started squeaking about 2-3 days after I bought it.

And if it is dirt. I'm not taking the door apart every few days to fix it.

Originally posted by dark_rex
    dealer oiled mine, and said it fixed the squeal, but it didn't.

then they said it's becasue my window is tinted.

is anyone sure it's not mechanical. is really sounds like the motor is shot.

dR
    I hope they didn't really use oil. Oil sometimes (depends on the oil) causes rubber parts to expand. I think that would be opposite of what you want to have happen.

I thought I heard someone using a silicon based lubricant at the dealership. But I'm not positive.

Silicon glass lubricant on the weather stripping will solve it. I haven't got around to it yet. I got used to it, but it makes passengers think your windows are POSs.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Silicon glass lubricant on the weather stripping will solve it. I haven't got around to it yet. I got used to it, but it makes passengers think your windows are POSs.

-Jim
    the windows are kinda crappy. i mean, at 45 mph with the windows open, they shake. just another sacrafice for a killer ride. every time i think about the dissapointing interior or road noise or rattles and shakes, i just think, hey, you can't have it all for $22K right?

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex
    the windows are kinda crappy. i mean, at 45 mph with the windows open, they shake. just another sacrafice for a killer ride. every time i think about the dissapointing interior or road noise or rattles and shakes, i just think, hey, you can't have it all for $22K right?
    Right, we had this discussion before. It's not a Lexus. Plus, Subaru's frameless doors save A LOT OF WEIGHT!!!! Not to mention, they look cool when they are open with the windows down.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

Not to mention, they look cool when they are open with the windows down.

-Jim
    Bingo! Although they did confuse the hell outta me when I first saw them like that
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

widow squeak....

Yeah I'm gonna try some DOW Corning, high vacuumn grease, clear silicone grease, safe for rubber and glass. I'll let ya know...

nick
    Lyve
    _______
    Stock

I've had my car a little over a week and just started noticing this irritating squeak when the windows go down. Figured it was a problem just with mine......Let me know if anyone has a good cure.
    2002 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock

had mine for a month and a half and no squeek...thank god
    KNOCK ON WOOD!!

My driver's side front window just started making this nasty squeak last night. I already have an appointment at the dealer on tuesday. i'll get them to fix it and tell me what the problem was.

and no....i don't have aftermarket windows...so that's not the problem
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Mine just started last week at 2200 miles. I hit a nasty bump in the road, and it sounded like my window cracked, but nothign visible. When I rolled it down, it started this nasty squeak about half way down. Does it every time now, but only on the way down.

I have an appointment with the dealer next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.