Anyone fixed the window squeak? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Anyone fixed the window squeak? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my squeak disapeared months ago, never came back. kind of weird considering i had it for months. i just ry ...

my squeak disapeared months ago, never came back. kind of weird considering i had it for months. i just ry to keep the window clean before sending it down.

dR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    mine very rarley squeaks now, in fact I haven't heard it in a while.. but I'm getting wind noise now I looked at that triangle thing and at the top it ripped open pretty good. When I roll the window all the way up it spreads it appart and there's a visable crack on the outside I tried pressing it back together but it only helps for a few minutes

Think I could get it replaced under warranty? It really sucks having to get warranty work done though cause I have to either get up at 5:00am to get it there early enugh or I have to leave my car there over night so they can fix it in the morning.. and it's a good 2 hour drive to get there, so that makes 8 hours of driving in traffic just to get something little fixed

Originally posted by MainFrame

Think I could get it replaced under warranty
    absolutely.

dR

I Support ClubWRX

Re: I'm being punished

Originally posted by rexwagon
    I put high-temp synthetic grease on the inside of that triangular boot. Worked great... for about 2 days. Now it sqeaks longer and louder than it did before. What have I done?!? I guess I'm doomed to having to keep putting grease on it forever.
    Yup, min started squeeking a month or so after I got the car, but not is doesn't squeek is SCREAMS everytime I roll up the window. Same thing with the passenger window. It's so embarrasing.

When I lube it, it goes away for about 1 day, then comes back. I'm NOT going to lube it every single day.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

My windows squeek every now and then.

I just do want to point out, I had a Ford ZX2, which has the same type of door design. I had the windows down one, and closed the door. Ever since I did that, the windows would squeek. It annoyed the hell out of me, because it was painfully loud! Sorry for the guy who paid $2500 to take the nearly ready to fall apart car! HEHE!

I have some issues with my dealer, which I'm going to take up when I bring it in for my 2nd service check... They're going to catch hell for a few things!
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

Fixed mine

My car got broken into this last Saturday at the dealership. They broke the driver side window. I got a new window and now it doesn't squeak.

Expensive but it worked

I did not read this whole thread so this might have been said already, but if you RainX or Accuvision (made by Castrol) the inside and outside of the window the squek will go away, at least mine did, and like TypeC said, it screamed both on the way down and the way up, has been fine for over a week now.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I've got some Gunk Silicone spray that I bought a few years ago for a couple of squeaky windows in my house. I'm pretty sure it cost only a few $ at Home Depot, but didn't help very much (those windows open horizontally and weigh 25-50 lbs.). I'll have to try it on my WRX after the next time I wash it. It's so dirty now that I try not to open the windows because I don't want the sand/dirt to scratch the glass or get inside the door. Boy I miss those 60+ days back in January.

Mine started after about 500 miles. my buddy's started around the same. Brought it to the dealer, who said they "cleaned" it and that solved the problem. for like one day. so i screamed at the service mgr, brought it back, and sure enough, they said i need a "gusset". they ordered it and they installed it yesterday when i went in for oil change. so far so good. btw, i don't know why anywone would go to to trouble of trying to fix this themselves, when it's covered under the warranty!

The dealer told me the "warranty doesn't cover noises" when I tried to get them to fix a rattling sound coming from the strut on tight low speed turns. They replaced the left strut at 500 miles, and when the other strut starting making the noise at 1200 miles, they balked. With this attitude, I didn't even want to waste my time with a window squeak that doesn't have dire consequences like potential suspension failure.

I've had the infamous window squeak for a few hundred miles now and I only have 2500 miles on the car. Only the driver's window gets it. I got used to it but DAMN is it loud. I'm gonna complain till they fix it under warranty the next time I got in for the oil change.

I noticed the squaaaak! usually happens the day after it rains. Since it's winter now, I have to wait until a spring day when we get rain instead of snow to see if it happens again.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

I noticed the squeek but it seemed to be coming from the rubber on the front of the window, just rub you nose and run your finger on the insde, fixed is for a couple of days, butotherwise there inst a problem. it's like a squegee(spelling?) on a window.same sound

I don't know what a squegee sounds like but mine sounded like "squaaaak" - loud hard plastic on hard plastic.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    I jst like to say i am a prund owner or a squaking subaru

All four windows squek now...I dont really care..it give my car a more urban look...almst "gansta"
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.