Subaru WRX Forum banner

Anyone fixed the window squeak?

12K views 59 replies 31 participants last post by  Jack 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find a quick and simple fix for the window squeak. Has anyone been successful fixing it on their own. I'll take it to the dealer if I must, but I'd prefer not to. Thanks in advance.
-Jim

#52 ·
I did not read this whole thread so this might have been said already, but if you RainX or Accuvision (made by Castrol) the inside and outside of the window the squek will go away, at least mine did, and like TypeC said, it screamed both on the way down and the way up, has been fine for over a week now.

-joe

#53 ·
I've got some Gunk Silicone spray that I bought a few years ago for a couple of squeaky windows in my house. I'm pretty sure it cost only a few $ at Home Depot, but didn't help very much (those windows open horizontally and weigh 25-50 lbs.). I'll have to try it on my WRX after the next time I wash it. It's so dirty now that I try not to open the windows because I don't want the sand/dirt to scratch the glass or get inside the door. Boy I miss those 60+ days back in January.

#54 ·
Mine started after about 500 miles. my buddy's started around the same. Brought it to the dealer, who said they "cleaned" it and that solved the problem. for like one day. so i screamed at the service mgr, brought it back, and sure enough, they said i need a "gusset". they ordered it and they installed it yesterday when i went in for oil change. so far so good. btw, i don't know why anywone would go to to trouble of trying to fix this themselves, when it's covered under the warranty!

#55 ·
The dealer told me the "warranty doesn't cover noises" when I tried to get them to fix a rattling sound coming from the strut on tight low speed turns. They replaced the left strut at 500 miles, and when the other strut starting making the noise at 1200 miles, they balked. With this attitude, I didn't even want to waste my time with a window squeak that doesn't have dire consequences like potential suspension failure.

#57 ·
I noticed the squaaaak! usually happens the day after it rains. Since it's winter now, I have to wait until a spring day when we get rain instead of snow to see if it happens again.

#58 ·
I noticed the squeek but it seemed to be coming from the rubber on the front of the window, just rub you nose and run your finger on the insde, fixed is for a couple of days, butotherwise there inst a problem. it's like a squegee(spelling?) on a window.same sound

#60 ·
I jst like to say i am a prund owner or a squaking subaru

All four windows squek now...I dont really care..it give my car a more urban look...almst "gansta"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.