Anyone fixed the window squeak? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone fixed the window squeak? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; personally i think going to the dealer is a waste because they won't be able to fix it, they'll have ...

personally i think going to the dealer is a waste because they won't be able to fix it, they'll have a temp solution like everyone on this board but in time it will have to re apply, think of it as an oil change for your window
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by rexwagon
    But then the dealership mechanic lowered his voice conspiratorially and said, "Look, every Subaru does this. The window tension is much higher because the doors are frameless, and the tension causes the squeek. You're just never going to be able to fix it."

same exact thing happened to me.

i believe it too.

dR

I Support ClubWRX
    I cleaned the ENTIRE drivers side window with spray on Rain-X. I also dampened a cloth towel with Rain-X and cleaned underneath the triangle piece of weather strip were the noise was coming from.

No noise for now. Man was I pissed when the noise started though.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Re: Anyone fixed the window squeak?

Originally posted by beastcivic
    I'm trying to find a quick and simple fix for the window squeak. Has anyone been successful fixing it on their own. I'll take it to the dealer if I must, but I'd prefer not to. Thanks in advance.
    -Jim
    I think the problem is with the window stabilizer. I was reading Automobile magazine's special issue with the Enzo Ferrari on the over and inside they had a special report on the WRX. After driving it for about a year, they still loved the car. The only problem they listed was the squeaky windows that was fixed by the dealer under warranty. If your dealer doesn't do it, just buy a copy of the magazine and show it to them.
    Thanks,
    Ali

Re: Re: Anyone fixed the window squeak?

Originally posted by Prince Ali

I think the problem is with the window stabilizer. I was reading Automobile magazine's special issue with the Enzo Ferrari on the over and inside they had a special report on the WRX. After driving it for about a year, they still loved the car. The only problem they listed was the squeaky windows that was fixed by the dealer under warranty. If your dealer doesn't do it, just buy a copy of the magazine and show it to them.
    as stated above the window will still make noise because the door doesn't have a rail like on most 4door cars....
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

getting mine replaced

took mine in to the dealer today....they ordered me a whole new window joint and window itself as well....all under warranty. Silicone would just be a temp solution (as many of you have already found out)

there is no way to stop it....there is no window pillar so it will always occur
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I got the dry teflon from the dealership after waiting a few minutes. The Subaru tech showed me where he applied it. And proceeded to tell me that 'I WILL HAVE TO DO THIS MYSELF", implying that this was NOT a permanant fix. Well about 5 hours later and about 10 up downs for the windows they are squeaking again. And what inky says is NOT correct. If you spread the triangle that the side view mirror is attached to you will get wind noise. The subaru tech told me that if I get wind noise to actually roll down the window open the door and squeeze the triangle together a little.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

Yeah, I got the loud wind noise as well when I tried to lubricate the joint myself. I had the dealership replace the weather stripping, and it mostly but did not completely fix the wind noise. I'm going to take it to a different dealership as soon as it annoys me enough.

Leave well enough alone, I say.
    Rus ('02 black wagon, STI Red suspension package, SPO rear sway bar, rolled fenders, 17x7.5+48 rota subzeros w/ Falken Azenis 225/45/17s, StopTech slotted rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads, ss brake lines)

Well

The DOW corning stuff worked and 6k miles later no squeak...

Heres the link again....

nick

ps: http://www.2spi.com/catalog/vac/dow.shtml
    Lyve
    _______
    Stock

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've only experienced this squeak twice so far, and both times the window was wet. I have after market tinting which may or more likely may not make any difference.

Has anyone tried a dry lubricant sich as graphite? Or could that possibly cause scratching and fog the tint??

I used Armor All. I sprayed it in the triangular things seals. Worked, but squeaks will probably return.

Hey, its no Cadillac, but then again, no Cadillac is a WRX. Thank God!!!

fixed

reporting back from the dealership.....like I said earlier, they ordered and have now replaced the entire window assembly: regulator, window, and triangle joint (whatever you want to call that jam at the front of the window that makes the dang noise to begin with)
    Good as new now :-)

So is this the only option, to get the whole assembly replaced? That kind of sucks. Funny I say it sucks when it comes to getting the whole window assembly replaced, but I say HELL YEAH when they talk about replacing the clutch and flywheel for the shudder.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

So anybody come up with any other fixes for this? Just debating if Ishould buy that DOW lube or not. I'm taking my car in next week for clutch shudder, so I'll mention this too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast