Bad Wax Experience
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bad Wax Experience within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone out there have any bad wax experiences? I just had a little problem (not really bad) with a bonnet ...

Bad Wax Experience

Anyone out there have any bad wax experiences? I just had a little problem (not really bad) with a bonnet for my buffer. It all started yesterday when I decided to do a whole 3 step to one section and see how it looks. You see the car hasn't had a FULL wax job in a while but it still looked good and I wanted to make sure I wasn't just getting used to the way it looked.

So after I washed it I started with the cleaner wax. Everything caem out ok and the cleaner was surprisingly easy to get off. Next on was the Einszett express polish. This even easier to get off because of the cleaning, and wow it was looking shiny . At this point I realized the paint did need a wax. So next up was the Einszett wax, which was always easy to apply and take off (interesting wax), but this time around I used the orbital buffer machine.... It was a BAAAD move. You see the bonnet I used kicked up a ton of fuzz and at first I thought nothing of it, but then after running up and down the section I saw all these little bumps all over the paint

It was horrible.. all that prep work and the freaking brand new bonnet left tons of crap all over it. So I guess the lesson of this story is to dust off the bonnet before use, and if in doubt wash it! Or better yet just spend 8 hours and do the whole thing by hand.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

One a good note,

Be thankful (very thankful) you didnt burn your paint,Especially on the edges......Leave buffing to a pro.

Get you some Meguiers Cleaner/Polish next time and go over it by hand, The Meguiers comes of really easy and it is an easy job with EXCELLENT shine even befor you wax it!!

Then use some Meguiers Polish to finish the job.

You will thank me........

Shotgun

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.