using REDLINE oil.......

This is a discussion on using REDLINE oil....... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im nearing 3000 miles on my 2004 STi. i was just wondering. what milage should i change my car oil ...

Banned

using REDLINE oil.......

im nearing 3000 miles on my 2004 STi. i was just wondering. what milage should i change my car oil to syn?

is redline better than mobile 1?
    i heard alot of great things about redline is true?

plz post your comment thanx..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah redline is a very good oil, but for half the price IMO mobil one full synthetic does a very good job also..for me I change my oil at 1000 miles, just cuz it was a brand new motor, and then from there, I change my oil every 3000-3500 miles, even though the manual says you can go in like 5000 or 6500 mile intervals, something liek I that just look at the manual, but yeah 3k is what i do and many people still do..

Banned
    well i didnt actually wait to change oil on 3000, but i change oil on 2500 using regular oil.. so yeah im fine.. but do you know when i should change to synthetic?
    thanx mann for taking the time to reply..

redline says not to change it until you got about 3000 miles on your factory oil but your close to 3000 so it shouldn't be a problem..i also use mobil 1 synthetic but redline kicks A$$ just pricy ..i will be getting some redline tranny oil next week

edit: actually not sure what exactly it says but something like u shouldn't change it until you've driven a little while on your original oil but it should be okay for you @ this point
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Banned
    thanx for the information and the concern my subaru buddies
    hehehe