Techishkindasorta: 30k service

This is a discussion on Techishkindasorta: 30k service within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I don't have time to do a search, I just need to get this and about a million other things ...

Techishkindasorta: 30k service

I don't have time to do a search, I just need to get this and about a million other things done ASAP. I need to do my 30k service before I drive my car to CA since I won't be able to do it while I'm there. I'm at 25k right now and I have a few weeks to go, so it won't be too terribly early. I know there are certain products that all of you guys recommend and I can't remember what they all are, so I need suggestions.

-Tranny fluid
    -Brake fluid (I'm sure it needs replacing after what it went through on Sunday)

I plan on replacing my plugs, but we have piles of them at my work, so I'm good to go. What else do you guys normally do at 30k? I know the dealer just checks things like brake pads, lightbulbs, etc. Anything else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Boost fluid, muffler bearings, wiper gaskets. Your owners manual should have a service suppliment in it that tells you what needs to be taken care of.

FTW
    **** politics, **** religion, dance with a chainsaw!

We're taking on water and about to ****in' sink No one seems to notice, No one even blinks

30.000 miles service

when you're short on time, searching is MORE to your advantage.

not being an ass, i'm being serious. the time it took you to write this thread, you could have already had answers from many people on this topic.

no need to replace plugs. at 60K, mine were still fine. i'd leave them in for at least another 30K

dR

Get off The Bloody Island, you're scaring the Ducks
    Originally posted by incorporeal
    Boost fluid, muffler bearings, wiper gaskets. Your owners manual should have a service suppliment in it that tells you what needs to be taken care of.

FTW
    I dont even have a turbo but i do the boost fluid every 7500 miles and I replace my muffler bearings every 3000 miles. Screw the wiper gaskets, you're moving to california.
    ^()^

Originally posted by TurboLegacy2k4
    I dont even have a turbo but i do the boost fluid every 7500 miles and I replace my muffler bearings every 3000 miles. Screw the wiper gaskets, you're moving to california.

i'd agree on the wiper gaskets if you're moving to CA. but you should probably re-torque the tire bolts and then replace all the brake fluid filters.

dR

i replaced the fuel filter, tranny and rear diff fluid, and checked the brakes at my 30k on my wrx.

cnstman
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

i worry about long drives to ...just get it done and have your mind @ ease...also welcome to cali

it kicks ass here...except for gas prices and picky cops about mods...and oh yeah...get ready to use your AC a lot more and you wont have your heater on EVER even in winter

of course i'm assuming your moving 2 southern cali
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by cnstman
    i replaced the fuel filter, tranny and rear diff fluid, and checked the brakes at my 30k on my wrx.

cnstman
    How hard is the fuel filter to do???

Other than that I'm set. Kellie, I'm driving to Chicago in about two weeks and I have 27000 miles.... Wanna maybe do a 30k maintance meet again???

dark_rex, I have 56k. It takes forever to do searches, and they rarely give the results I'm looking for. I end up having to weed through millions of posts to find what I need, so I find it easier to just start a new thread. It doesn't hurt anyone, and it can be helpful to new people.

Anyway, what tranny fluid and brake fluid do you guys normally use? I know I've heard people recommend specific brands before, but I can't remember what they are.

Cameron, I was going to just do the service at my work since I'll have all the tools and equipment that I need. Things go much smoother that way. If I have time, I can help you though.

Fuel filter is usually a 10-15 minute job although I've never done one on a WRX. Pull the fuel pump relay and run the engine until it dies to relieve the fuel pressure, then pull off both fittings, and replace. It's simple. That's usually a 60k mile job though.

My wiper gaskets are on order. AwdTurboWrx, I'm moving to San Francisco.

Originally posted by crazycam31
    How hard is the fuel filter to do???

Other than that I'm set. Kellie, I'm driving to Chicago in about two weeks and I have 27000 miles.... Wanna maybe do a 30k maintance meet again???
    very simple, it is mounted in the engine compartment attached to the drivers side strut tower. get some rags under it to catch any spilled gas. 2-3 hose clamps and you are done.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1812
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

Originally posted by cnstman
    very simple, it is mounted in the engine compartment attached to the drivers side strut tower. get some rags under it to catch any spilled gas. 2-3 hose clamps and you are done.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1812
    You don't spill gas if you relieve fuel pressure first.

I don't like it when my threads get moved. If I wanted weird foriegners to read this thread, I would have posted it here to begin with.

Cool. Thanks guys. Yeah, it seems that 95% of the replies are MS anyways. It sucks because once its moved it doesn't bump back up in the original forum it was posted in when someone replies.