Tail Lights out

This is a discussion on Tail Lights out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, New to this board and this is my first post. I just picked up a used 2002 WRX ...

Tail Lights out

Hi all,

New to this board and this is my first post. I just picked up a used 2002 WRX in WR Blue. I just noticed tonight (first time driving it at night) that the tail lights are out. The brake lights, high mounted brake light, turn signals and reverse lights all work. The only things that don't work are the tail lights (foot off the brake) and license plate lights. Any ideas? I checked the fuses under the steering wheel and they all look ok.

I also noticed that the foglights don't work....fuse ok there as well.

Does anybody know the location of the relays that control these lights? Whenever I turn the headlights on and off, I hear a clicking coming from behind the glovebox....are the relays under there?

Sorry if I sound like a noob....I'm new to these cars.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok...so it turned out to be the funky switch on top of the steering column that only Subaru's tend to have. The switch was broken not allowing any of the parking lights to come on. My mechanic wired a jumper from the column to the fuse box to get that working....my other option would have been to spend $350 on the combination switch that would need to be replaced.

Yes, I'm ghetto.