Oil Alternative: Bel-Ray EXS

This is a discussion on Oil Alternative: Bel-Ray EXS within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Should have mentioned this sooner. We talk a lot about exotic oils like Redline and Royal Purple. But these can ...

I Support ClubWRX

Oil Alternative: Bel-Ray EXS

Should have mentioned this sooner.

We talk a lot about exotic oils like Redline and Royal Purple. But these can be very hard to find locally. Here's one that's not:

http://www.belray.com/consumer/productpages/exs.html

Bel-Ray full-synthetic.

They market this stuff for bikes, but it would do just as well in a car. Bike engines see a lot more stress with sportbikes redlining in the 12k-15k rpm range. Air-cooled bike engines also see a lot of thermal stress (sounds like a turbo motor, no?). You could almost call an oil designed for racing bikes to be overkill for a street car.

This is no johnny-come-lately marketing outfit either. They've been around forever and their expertise has been proven under the toughest conditions on the racetracks of the world.

Best of all, this stuff is really easy to find. I believe every sportbike shop in the Denver Metro area carries the stuff. Other markets are no different. Plus the 0w-40 weight is perfect for our cars.

Bike shops are a great place to find all sorts of specialty lubricants. Let's face it, the average car driver doesn't give a crap and buys the cheapest thing available. Sportbike riders are obviously a lot more tuned in to performance.

Another brand they often carry is Silkolene. This is excellent stuff as well as the maker is heavily involved in the aerospace industry. They have development contracts with the US Air Force.

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Interesting. I'd like to see a VOA of the 0W-40 to see what it's got.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.