Wipers

This is a discussion on Wipers within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anybody recommend some decent wipers? It's time to change mine. Should I get retail wipers? Or is it ...

Wipers

Can anybody recommend some decent wipers? It's time to change mine. Should I get $10 retail wipers? Or is it worth spending a little more for quality?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    I have PIAA silicone wipers. Pricey at $20 a pop.

Silblade is a little cheaper than PIAA (and came out well before PIAA), at about $15 a pop.

I'd stay away from Triple-Edge wipers....the plastic frame for the wiping element doesn't distribute the load evenly causing excessive chatter.

You may be able to get refills at the stealership.

Bosch doesn't really sell their refills anymore (takes away from the wiper blade sales).

I used to have the PIAA's but I got rid of them because they left a line where the blade stops (right in the middle of my view). I have the teflon blades now but I haven't had them long enough to comment.

I'd suggest getting cheap wipers and just rain-x your windshield periodically.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

There's lots of debate on the best wipers, but after reading everything, I settled on Trico Teflon.
    The PIAA's seem to get good reviews, and people either love or hate the Bosch Microedge.
    Anyway, I got Trico Teflons at Advance Auto Parts and they are MUCH better than stock.
    I use Rainx regularly.

...or you can have them replaced at the dealership under warranty. yup, thats right, they are under warranty so you can have them replaced for free if they arent working well anymore. thats what i did .
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

tan
    Just ditched my PIAA for a set of Trico Teflon blade.

The PIAA chattered like hell for the past 3 months (had them for 9 months)....a little disspointed since they were $40 total