300 dollars for 15K service at balboa Subaru in San Diego, would you pay this?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 300 dollars for 15K service at balboa Subaru in San Diego, would you pay this? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can you belive that price, 300.00 to change oil, rotate tires, and poke around the engine compartment? Help?...

car

300 dollars for 15K service at balboa Subaru in San Diego, would you pay this?

Can you belive that price, 300.00 to change oil, rotate tires, and poke around the engine compartment?

Help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just had my car in for the EXACT SAME THING.

<$50

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    Sure I can believe it. Dealers make their money by ripping off unsuspecting customers for routine service.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Originally posted by GV27
    Sure I can believe it. Dealers make their money by ripping off unsuspecting customers for routine service.
    My Dealer, Ed Voyles Subaru in Atlanta, offers oil changes for $19 no appointment, necessary. They rotate my tires for $10. So far they've been quite good to me and my WRX.

Manuel
    Blaze Yellow WRX

car
    well, I took it to the other dealer in town, estimate over the phone was 149 for a whole bunch of stuff, including turning rotors, alingment, balance, etc. plus a free rental for a day.

I got the bill, it was 114, but they chargesd me for an air filter eventhoug it noted on the work order that I had one (K&N), it was in great shape, and did not replace. Overall, not a bad experience.

I also mentioned to them that I have the clutch shudder in AM (I have bone stock) and was told that that is part of the car's design, completely OK, not a probelm.
    Last edited by car; 07-22-2002 at 11:55 AM.

This is my first AWD vehicle, and I know the service manual says to rotate the tires at 7500 miles, but with AWD do you really need to rotate the tires. The reason I did to my previous cars was that they were FWD and the front wears faster than the rear because they are the drive wheels. Due to the AWD, all wheels are the drive wheels, so are any wheels going to wear faster then others??

Thanks,
    WR Blue Perl WRX

This is my first AWD vehicle, and I know the service manual says to rotate the tires at 7500 miles, but with AWD do you really need to rotate the tires. The reason I rotated my tires on my previous cars was that they were FWD and the front wears faster than the rear because they are the drive wheels. Due to the AWD, all wheels are the drive wheels, so are any wheels going to wear faster then others??

Thanks,
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Re: 300 dollars for 15K service at balboa Subaru in San Diego, would you pay this?

Originally posted by car
    Can you belive that price, 300.00 to change oil, rotate tires, and poke around the engine compartment?

Help?
    I guess I'll be heading over to Bob Baker for my 15k!

Originally posted by neptune
    This is my first AWD vehicle, and I know the service manual says to rotate the tires at 7500 miles, but with AWD do you really need to rotate the tires. The reason I rotated my tires on my previous cars was that they were FWD and the front wears faster than the rear because they are the drive wheels. Due to the AWD, all wheels are the drive wheels, so are any wheels going to wear faster then others??

Thanks,
    Yes, your front tires will wear different from (and faster)the rear due to the fact that they're the ones doing the turning.

I also mentioned to them that I have the clutch shudder in AM (I have bone stock) and was told that that is part of the car's design, completely OK, not a probelm.
    yeah, well i had the shudder, and when i got my defective clutch replaced, it was gone. let me guess, your VIN's last six digits are lower than 515611.

if so, that means you have the old defective clutch (and probably the decel noise too)

check out THIS thread for more information.

dR

car
    Not arguing about the shudder, i think it is a problem, and posted to illustrate the range in service one can get from a dealer, i got good service for the 15K, except for them trying to charge me 20 bucks for an air filter they never installed, but lied to me about shudder being normal.

My Vin is in the affected range, but no decel noise. I am still thinking over what to do about shudder, since it goes away after second shift in am.

I'm on your side.

Originally posted by car
    Not arguing about the shudder, i think it is a problem, and posted to illustrate the range in service one can get from a dealer, i got good service for the 15K, except for them trying to charge me 20 bucks for an air filter they never installed, but lied to me about shudder being normal.

My Vin is in the affected range, but no decel noise. I am still thinking over what to do about shudder, since it goes away after second shift in am.

I'm on your side.
    The clutch just needs to warm up. Mine does the same thing, so do the 2.5RS clutchs. The explanation I got from my friends was, "It's a Subaru thing." My clutch is standing up to drag racing abuse VERY WELL!

-Jim

I'm also pleasantly surprised by how my clutch is holding up. On at least 5 occasions I have engulfed the car in thick white clutch smoke; mostly from getting bogged in snow and having to perform some serious abuse. It's also done 4 runs down the drag strip, and I run the car hard three days a week to and from work (50 miles each way).

100HP over stock for nearly 10k miles and not a hint of slip yet.

-Pace

This isn't about the 15k service, but I called Balboa Subaru yesterday about a white 04 STi they had and he said he was going off of KBB values so I told him to look up the trade-in for my car as I would be trading it in. I drive an 06 WRB WRX with 15000 miles.. He said in good condition trade-in was 12k on kbb.com.. what garbage is that? it says its about 19k. I then told him that my car was in excellent condition, without seeing my car he says, no its not nobody's used car is in perfect condition and that if I wont give him excellent condition kbb price for his why should he give me excellent condition price for mine? I also asked about what mods were on the car and he tells me its completely stock. I'm sitting there on the phone with the guy looking at the pics on autotrader of a BOV and a CAI. So I tell him its not stock and I was wondering what it had on it it looked like it had a CAI. He tells me it may have an intake of some sort but thats it. I tell him it also has a BOV of some sort on it. He says oh yea that too. Then he says it is NOT HIS JOB TO KNOW WHAT MODS ARE ON THE CAR BUT HE KNOWS THAT ITS GOT SOMEWHERE IN THE 300 RANGE HORSEPOWER.

Its a shame that such a sexy STi (minus the mods) is at such a sketchy dealership. I hope it gets the home it deserves.

Cliff Notes: Balboa Subaru = Garbage in my book. Just lettin u guys know my experiences with them.
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.