Squealing when A/C on?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Squealing when A/C on? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; recently i noticed when my a/c is on i hear this squealing thats very high pitched and only is on ...

Squealing when A/C on?

recently i noticed when my a/c is on i hear this squealing thats very high pitched and only is on when the fan is on also. When i'm driving the sound is audible every few mins and would fade out. I'm not familiar with the a/c system but everything else seems fine. The a/c blows cold.

I've thought about bringing it to the dealer but the only problem is i currently have a broken strut mount bolt. Would they give me problems for that or write it down for future reference?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well if you have aftermarket struts and or springs I don't think it matters when you take it in. As for the squealing it's probably just a belt that isn't on tight. It could be worse, but I'd check the belt first.

With the car running turn on the AC and watch it for a minute (not too long though). And see if it trips on and off, and when it makes the noise. Then spray a little belt dressing (just a little) on the belt.. if It's a very frequent noise you can just use water and listen. If the noise goes away for a while it's the belt thats causing the problems.

Edit: actually, maybe it will make noise if you turn it on and off a couple times.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

when i turn my a/c on it squeels for a little liek 3 seconds then stops but my idle is weird the car will idle harsh then soft again then harsh weird weird very weird
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.