DOH! Totaled the car today :( - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on DOH! Totaled the car today :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Update: She is split between the Tib (uuggh) and a Mazda 3. I am doing my level headed best to ...

Update: She is split between the Tib (uuggh) and a Mazda 3. I am doing my level headed best to get her into the 3 but she really likes the Tib. It reminds her of her Eclipse GS...oh well, at least ot looks better.

We looked at a Celica but I couldnt get her to consider the GT-s (I will be driving this thing as well!) and the 140hp GT is just pathetic...not to mention it is way over priced!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok, my rex is today at the dealership (window problem-stock in the middle) and it will take them 'till Monday to do it. So i had no choice but to pick up a rental and i got..... a MINI. And i have tell you, i love this car. It's not an "S" but if it was stick and "s" i'd probably love it more. This thing handles and turns like a charm. It's like a gokart with a roof, or without when you open a huge sunruf. I will give a very big props to this car since now. I'll have it 'till monday morning and i'm affraid that i'll be missing it a bit. Too bad the decent ones are above 20k. My rex need to have an "eye" on me cause i may be cheating on her a bit
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

i didnt really read all the posts, but the srt-4 is always a great bang for the buck. but the rsx-s is such a better car in everyway except speed...

i would go for rsx-s or if she doesnt need something quite as fast, and wants something more practicle the corolla type S is nice... its not the fastest thing, but comes with a nice 5speed manual and decent looks... gets good gas mileage and is a toyota(well built and reliable) not to mention cheap
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hyundai has reclaimed their name. They make descent cars now and have ecellent warranty service, no questions asked, they just fix it. The Tib isn't a bad looking vehicle and if you think Mazda is any better of a company than Hyundai, your smokin some trees.
    Never stop learning.

The Tib, in my opinion, doesn't have very good sight lines. I mean there's a lot of blind spots/areas on the car. That can lead to it being not as safe as other cars with better sight lines, because it's harder to see where vehicles are around you.

If it's between the Tib and the 3, get her into the 3.

Although, if she were still to consider the Acura, you could probably find an '02 for around the price range you're looking at.

Or like was stated earlier, you could get a Civic Hybrid (my personal suggestion) or a Prius. May be expensive, but with the way gas prices are now it will more than pay for itself within the next couple of years.

Wooh, one of my longest posts yet. Yes, I am biased towards Honda, for all those that were able to tell.

I wouldn't mind getting her a Prius, we have a rental Prius right now and love it. The problem is, they are practically unavailable right now...heck, people are bidding up to $29k on ebay for the ones that are out there.

I tried the SRT-4 angle, however she is looking for a car that has an AT and a hatch that is in line with her old eclipse. We are going to go out today and test a TIB. Her parents just bought one and love it. I have to admit is sharp....wish it had Scoobys engine in it! She is shying away from the sport wagon types like my WRX and the Matrix/3.

While we are looking at the Tib today I will try and get her back into an RSX-S. She didnt seem to care to much for it when I was looking at getting one a year ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.