DOH! Totaled the car today :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on DOH! Totaled the car today :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by wrxspins4 Talk her into the RSX type S, awesome interior, good looks, good handling and performance, just ...

Originally posted by wrxspins4
    Talk her into the RSX type S, awesome interior, good looks, good handling and performance, just an awesome car.

Plus it's gonna last a lot longer then an SRT
    +1

great resale value, and reliability... if you are trying to work the $$$ angle.

I have had my type S for almost 3 years and I love it.
    It's not dark yet, but it's getting there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I forgot to mention...the insurance company has given us a Toyota Prius to drive. Not a bad looking car and it's got buttons and electronics all over the place. Too bad its $26,500 though. It takes a lot of getting used to b/c the engine cuts on/off, especially at stoplights. When the gas engine starts us it sometimes fells like an AC compressor kicking in but it's pretty smooth.
    If mileage is a concern, get the Prius or the Hybrid Civic, theyll more than pay for themselves in fuel costs, plus check out the huge tax incentives given when you buy one !

Originally posted by zoophagy
    Hear, hear! If you can't get her a WRX, go with the SRT-4.

i agree best bang for buck for 20g
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Originally posted by josnroh
    How about a V6 Accord coupe.
    Yeah, i'll second that. Great chick car your NOT embarrased to drive
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Originally posted by wrxspins4

Wow..... can you read into the future? Exactly, how do you know this? Inquiring minds want know.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow..... can you read into the future? Exactly, how do you know this? Inquiring minds want know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uh-oh here we go with some thread-hijacking.

There is a TON of anecdotal and empirical evidence that a Honda/Acura is going to be better engineered, more reliable, and ultimately more durable than a domestic car, esp something like the Neon.

It's a fast car

It's an amazing value for the money. Nothing can touch it off the floor, and modded its just about incomparable.

on the other hand...

Its' resale value will be [expletive] in 3-4 years

You will probably have to take it for major servicing before (if) it makes it to 100K miles.

If your SRT makes it to 80k/5 years without a single problem like my 96 Integra did (and retained 58% of its value) , look me up and I'll paypal you the $$ for a case of beer, and you'll forever be known as "Drizze the-guy-with-the-amazing-Neon-who-changed-my-mind-about-domestics".

Until then, enjoy your car and good luck with it.

I'm not going to get into it because I have had these conversations soooo many times on car forums that it's not worth my time anymore. Believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe. Sometimes ignorance is bliss on car forums and so is stereotyping a certain car.

my mom has a 90 civic and bought it off the showroom floor. it has 150k miles and she changes the oil every 10k-15k miles. She has changed the brakes once and the timing belt at 80k. THAT'S IT. seriously. even if you hate them, please don't try and tell me your turbo dodge will last longer than a honda.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

My main concern with the SRT-4 is safety. If I got one, I'd have to put a cage in it. I'd choose the Mazda 3 over the Honda/Acura RSX-S. But if you want to go REAL fast in a straight line, you can't top the SRT-4 for straight line fury.

-Jim

SRT-4 would be a good one. How about the SVT Focus? Also, the new Focus coming is the same as the Mazda 3. I would look into those too if pricing is any different.

svt focus -- brand new for $20k. Nice engine, good reliability and good looking car.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

First off, who said anything about hating Honda's? Second, my dad's best friend has Neon that has 167k miles on it and the only things that were done to the car were wear items and the oil changed every 3k. My friend has a 2002 civic and the car has been in the shop more than it's been in his garage. (car is 100% stock)

I am not saying that my car will last longer than a honda because I DON'T KNOW and neither does ANYONE ELSE. I love how people see the name "Neon" and automatically say it's a POS & that won't last long. Take a look at some RECENT lemon reports and quit living in the past.

Originally posted by drizze99
    First off, who said anything about hating Honda's? Second, my dad's best friend has Neon that has 167k miles on it and the only things that were done to the car were wear items and the oil changed every 3k. My friend has a 2002 civic and the car has been in the shop more than it's been in his garage. (car is 100% stock)
    My Uncle has a Neon with almost 200k miles on it. It's on it's second engine, but my uncle wouldn't know how to maintain a car if you handed him the service manual, all the filters, and the oil exactly when he needed.

Neons are fun little cars that are EXTREMELY easy to work on and TAKE A BEATING saying "please, sir, can I have summore."

My car weighs less than 2500lbs, have 132HP, runs 16.7@84.1mph on 87 octane, gets 35mpg with ME driving, and goes over 120mph (although with stock brake I don't recommend it). Mine understeers like a pig, but it ebrake turn like a mofo and drives straight thru snow banks and keeps on going. I love my Neon!!!

As far as reliability, I know nothing about Honda's, but I do know that the SRT-4 powertrain is a brick of a motor that will make a ton of power, and the newer version includes LSD.

-Jim

If you're going GT-S Celica I'd look for a used one with low miles. I saw one with about 30k miles for 12k$ and thought that was a pretty dang good deal considering that when I look them up on Toyota.com they are like 24k.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Originally posted by high on 02C
    svt focus -- brand new for $20k. Nice engine, good reliability and good looking car.
    Brand new for 16.5k rather. They don't make them anymore, so if you can find one you can either get it brand new or with a couple miles one it for that price. If I could have found one for that price when I was shopping around I would have hit that instead of the WRX for the near-10k price diff!

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast