30000 mile service + trouble
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 30000 mile service + trouble within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 subaru WRX...I just had my 30000 mile service done which includes a fuel filter change, coolant, ...

Question 30000 mile service + trouble

I have a 2002 subaru WRX...I just had my 30000 mile service done which includes a fuel filter change, coolant, brake fluid, and a variety of other stuff. After getting my car back, I noticed it seemed to be burning oil all of a sudden. When I start my car when it's been sitting for a couple hours it smokes pretty bad, and also it isn't getting as much boost as I was before the service (according to boost gauge). What could they have possibly done to be causing this?!?! Thanks..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Let whoever worked on it answer the question and have 'em fix it.
    There are too many things that could have gone wrong or just spilled on something.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm going to guess spilled oil in the engine bay and a reset ECU (from having the negative terminal wire removed during the service?) that could be temporarily keeping boost down.

Don't pay for the dealership to do those kind of services! Such a freakin' rip...

I remember recently seeing an Infiniti 30K service that was basically a glorified oil change. Price? $600!!! Do your own maintenance and save big time. And if there's one or two things you aren't comfortable trying, just pay for those little things.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

i had some spilled oil before and it smoked for a couple of days...it was so bad when it first happened i thought something under the hood blew up
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Excellent, thanks for all your info guys. It seems to be running tip-top now, so I guess whatever it was fixed itself..I ran fuel injector cleaner and just drove it kinda hard for a couple days...seems fine now.

Good to hear everything is OK.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.