Should I take all my aftermarket parts off for the 30k service warranty?

This is a discussion on Should I take all my aftermarket parts off for the 30k service warranty? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering if I should take any of the following parts off my wrx for my 30k service coming up ...

Should I take all my aftermarket parts off for the 30k service warranty?

Just wondering if I should take any of the following parts off my wrx for my 30k service coming up do to the warranty.

HKS DP

GREDDY BOV

CENTER GAUGE POD WITH BOOST, OIL PRESSURE, AIR/FUEL GAUGES

COLD-AIR INTAKE

AXEL-BACK EXHAUST

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it is easy enough I would do it, but I'm lazy. I think that intake, bov, and dp would give them a bit of pause. Is your car running ok? Unless you have an extended warranty I would not do all that work for 6,000 miles of left over coverage.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

I Support ClubWRX
    The coverage does not end at 36000 though; it varies depending on your region, but everyone has the 60K driveline warranty, and those of us in CA have a 50,000 warranty on smog-related equipment, conveniently including the turbo.

The BOV is worth taking off regardless... The other stuff is a judgment call, but if it were me even with a tolerant dealer I'd have the stuff off for the 30K - or I'd do the 30K myself and document it with receipts etc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    No reason for the dealer to do the service. Just take it to a good shop.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

They had no problem when i did the 60K service catless w/ bov. They just wondered how much it helped.

When i was there i test drove an '04 and i told the salesman my mods and he asked me if the '04 felt faster
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

weird

yeah i guess i'll take my stuff off but that's weird that your dealer said that the 04 felt faster dealers are weird.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, no, not weird at all. The dealer had a point: the improvements in the 04 vs. the 02 increase exponentially with increasing numbers of new, unsold 04 models on the lot.

The more 04s one must sell, the more dramatic their improvement in every aspect of design over the 02s. It's a very interesting phenomenon. I think you've witnessed it up close from what you say.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I wouldn't worry about dropping back to stock. If your car has problems the techs are going to be able to tell if it was modded, you have to remember these people do this for a living and know the signs and know what to look for.