TIRE Pressure...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on TIRE Pressure... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For my Subaru WRX my manual says to inflate the tires to 32psi on the front and 29psi on the ...

TIRE Pressure...

For my Subaru WRX my manual says to inflate the tires to 32psi on the front and 29psi on the back. But on the tires themselves (Stock Potenzas) the psi number is different. WHat psi do you guys reccomend inflating them to??????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The numbers on the tires are the maximum pressure. The vehicle manufactrers always reccomend a little lower pressure than us who work at tire stores. They reccomend that air pressure to get the best ride, we reccomend the pressure for the best tire wear. I personally run 36psi in the front and 34 psi in the rear.
    03' PSM WRX sedan - 326 awhp/303 tq

i run 32 psi in all my tires i have ran 32psi in all of my cars and i have had alot of car and worked on alot .if you ask me the car rides and handles alot better with 32psi .

Thanks a lot.

Do you have any recommendations on a inexpensive tire pressure gauge. Also do you think i should buy one of those inflation devices or just go the the gas station everytime i need to fill up air.

cnk
    I run 37 front and 34 rear on the stock tires. On my summer tires, I run closer to 39F and 35R. I just picked up a mini air pump from Target that plugs in to the cigarette lighter. I use a digital air pressure gauge that I zero out before each use.

Calvin

max pressure is good
    for good handling

Stay away from inexpensive gauges. Most are inaccurate so what would be the point. I picked up a decent gauge from Harbor Freight for less than $15 and it's very consistent. Get one with a release valve and flexible hose. And btw, I run 38 front and 35 rear. No magic about it, I just want to be able to break the tires loose in case of an LS1 encounter or similar. Ha!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Was just about to post a new topic and found this thread

I was noticing the other night coming home that my steering feel was really heavy at slower speeds and it definitely felt like my tire pressure was too low.

So, I let the car sit overnight. First thing the next before going anywhere, I checked w/ a digital fancy-schmancy gauge and it read 31.5 on front tires and 32.5 on back tires.

I'm guess after reading this thread that I'm running signifcantly too low for day-to-day driving? Sure feels like it....

thoughts/comments plz

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.