Engine quits after sharp corners.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine quits after sharp corners. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I haven't seen this mentioned. After a sharp corner the engine will shut down for 1-2 seconds, no matter what ...

Engine quits after sharp corners.

I haven't seen this mentioned. After a sharp corner the engine will shut down for 1-2 seconds, no matter what the degree of throttle or amount of fuel in tank. I talked on phone with dealer/service, he said he could fix it but hadn't seen it as problem of WRX before. Just wondering if I'm the only one with this problem. Mine is one of the first imported, bought April 2001...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I was going to ask about the fuel tank and the amount of gas you had in it. So the engine also cuts out with a completely full tank of gas as well? Have you changed your fuel filter lately? Just 2 things that come to mind.

does the check engine light come on when this happens
    i work in a used car dealership and i drove an 02 330ci that did the same exact thing..........
    however i didn't follow up to see what was wrong
    but yes i have seen this problem before
    but no i don't know what the problem is

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting, tonight my car almost died a few times while taking quick corners. The headlights/interior lights dimmed and the engine started to stall, then it recovered. What gives?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hmmm, mine is a wagon also. A Subaru conspiracy. My lights don't dim, but it sure is consistent about shutting down for a second or two each time. Very pronounced if on boost. The shop said it wasn't anything terrible, so I'll take it in eventually but not soon. Just bought an 04 KTM 525 E/XC Desert Edition so I'm penniless now. I'll post when I get the official answer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.