Power Steering Problem! Help!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Power Steering Problem! Help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so this morning I was going to work. I see some smoke coming out of the hood scoop so ...

I Support ClubWRX

Power Steering Problem! Help!!

Ok, so this morning I was going to work. I see some smoke coming out of the hood scoop so I pull over and see that there is a small hole in my turbo coolant inlet hose. I go home, take my gf's car.
    I come back home, replace the hose, go to drive the car. The steering is whining and being jerky and blah blah. I check the power steering fluid reservoir and it's pretty close to empty. I fill it, turn the car on and go for a drive.... half way around the block it goes to crap again. I pull over, and refill it with the car off. I turn the car back on and go check the fluid level and it's all but gone!
    WTF is going on?!?! Any suggestions? I checked the lines coming out of the reservoir and they all seemed to be tight and sealed. I see the fluid burning off by way of the smoke and the interesting smell.
    What should I do at this point?

Also, is it safe to drive around with the fluid gone? Is it gonna damage anything?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is there any puddles on the ground or anything?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't really tell. It's been raining. I'm pretty sure I can see some fluid puddles at the bottom of the engine compartment.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    You are probably leaking elsewhere then, maybe at the rack fittings. Follow the hoses from the reservoir/pump and see where the leak is.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I think taking it to a shop will be the easiest solution for this one
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.