Warranty ?

This is a discussion on Warranty ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well first I hope this is the right bored for this. Second, this isn't one of those if I add ...

Warranty ?

Well first I hope this is the right bored for this.
    Second, this isn't one of those if I add this will it void that type question. While driving home today on a backroad I came around a corner to find a turkey running out into the road, the price you pay for living in Maine just glad it wasn't a moose, it clipped the inside of my passeger wheel well. No dents or nothing but it did damage the paint. Is this something that would be covered under warranty or is this an insurance thing? I have never had a car that was still under warranty or a car fully insured so not sure the best way to take care of this. I'd rather not have my insurance rate go up for what is almost no damge, just hope that the damage to the paint dosen't spread.
    Any help or insight is much appreciated
    Alf340

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Insurance.

Subaru doesn't pay when you run into things.
    I made it idiot-proof and they went and hired a better idiot.

That's what I figured but wanted to stay away from the insurance agency as long as possible, don't want my rates to go up but oh well. It needs to be taking care of. Thanks for the answer.

Pay for it yourself?

Depending on your deductable you may want to just keep your insurance co. out of it. You don't want to have your rates raised more than the cost of fixing it yourself.