fuel smell gone, new smell now?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on fuel smell gone, new smell now? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok i have an 02 wrx stock... anyways i had the problem with the fuel smell in the cabin on ...

fuel smell gone, new smell now?

Ok i have an 02 wrx stock... anyways i had the problem with the fuel smell in the cabin on cold starts awhile back so i took it in to get it fixed, all said and done...

got it back and immediately i notice the car is slower and no smell... couple days later i start noticing whenever i got my fans or a/c going i smell fuel again and this isn't during a cold start, this is during normal driving... it seemed to happen at random... then suddenly i start smelling oil!, not burning oil but as if the oil is just sitting there.... that went awhile and now i smell paint! (wtf?) like fresh paint, but i haven't been around any paint...

also i noticed that after they changed the fuel railings that they put alot of stuff back but in weird positions, also i noticed there was alot of dried green crap which i think is anti-freeze...

should i take it back and have them look at it or is all this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd take it back and have them check it out.....just my $.02
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Take it back, When they did a friend of mine's car they didn't hook all the vacuum hoses correctly.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

i think i better take it back then... just needed a second opinion...

problem is... this is my daily driver and the closest dealership is 250+ miles away...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.