coolant problem help

This is a discussion on coolant problem help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just noticed that my coolant was low, so i went to buy some coolant and filled it up, but ...

Arrow coolant problem help

I just noticed that my coolant was low, so i went to buy some coolant and filled it up, but after i did that i saw on the container that it was made for "all GM vehicles that require DEX-COOL as well as other cars that have aluminum radiators, and it's compatible with newer Ford and Chrysler vehicles." The coolant is red colored, and someone on another forum said that they added green coolant. Im color blind so i don't know what was in there before i added more and im worried that i put in the wrong kind of coolant. It is called Prestone 5/150 Extended Life. Is this kind okay to use, or should i drain it all out and put the correct kind in? If so what is the correct kind to add?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

k91
    I hope you did not add DEXCOOL to your car :O It is not compatible with the green coolant. I would flush the system immediately and add regular coolant.

i had it flushed and they said that they added green dex-cool

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WhiteRex
    i had it flushed and they said that they added green dex-cool
    Dex-cool is orange. When mixed with green it makes a lovely mud color that doesn't cool very well.