extending warranty coverage...

This is a discussion on extending warranty coverage... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just received a letter about extending my coverage to a 10yr 100,000 miles on my car for 1500 dollars. ...

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

extending warranty coverage...

I just received a letter about extending my coverage to a 10yr 100,000 miles on my car for 1500 dollars. I told the gentleman on the phone how subaru denies alot of warranty stuff. So why should i get more coverage. He told me they arent affiliated with subaru and that as long as the maintenance is done its a full bumper to bumper for the 10 yr /100,000 miles. Its alot of money and he said i could pay it over a years time at 0% financing. I just still dont know. I got a year and half till mine is up and the car has only 6600miles on the car. I told him that and he said they send these out early and i told him a year and half early is way to early. I bought the car in august of 2002. Let me know what you think or experiences with extended coverage and or how much you payed.

thanks

chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would make sure it is refundable. i got the gold coverage on my wrx for 12-1500 and when i traded it in with 40k i got 600 or so back.

cnstman
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

I got the extended warranty when I bought my car (although it was through another company). It was $800 for 5 years/75,000 miles. It has better coverage than the factory warranty and it also pays for towing and rental car if the car is in the shop for more than a day. Also, I can cancel it at any time and get the unused part of the money back.

Originally posted by nolimitbodnar
    I got the extended warranty when I bought my car (although it was through another company). It was $800 for 5 years/75,000 miles. It has better coverage than the factory warranty and it also pays for towing and rental car if the car is in the shop for more than a day. Also, I can cancel it at any time and get the unused part of the money back.

sounds like great coverage for a great price!
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver